Members
Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

New Member in the UK

B

BhamAndy

Nov 4, 2011
Hello to everyone, I'm Andy, 39 and from Birmingham in the UK. I came across this Forum by way of Twitter and was particularly interested in the posts that were "Tweeted" regarding diet and nutrition. I've always been into weight training but after years of seeing only minimal gains and improvements I decided I'd study some of the science, albeit in my own unstructured way, to establish a better way for myself to make the changes and improvements I'd be satisfied with, it's a work in progress for me, and rather than be able to pass on any knowledge I have regarding Body Building, I'm afraid most of my time here will be picking the brains of, and exploring the forums for the depth of knowledge that I can already see your members possess.

I'm not hardcore, work, study and family commitments take up a large chunk of my time, but I am keen, and I will put in the neccessary effort to achieve my objectives - although for the long term they remain pretty fluid. Short term though, I'm currently 13stone with a BMI of 28, a chest of 42" and a mid section of around 37". My objective is to take my mid section to around 32", whilst not having a detrimental affect on my chest, or maybe even adding an inch or two to it. I was underweight until the age of 30, when all of a sudden I started getting the middle age spread around the abdomen - love handles we call them in the UK! :). The "V" shape, is what I'm after, as well as adding size to my arms and legs.

I'm using Creatine mainly for it's recovery benefits and the way my arm muscles look fuller, and whey protein as a post workout supplement. The majority of my training is done at home, 3 free-weights workouts and 2 cardio workouts a week.

Recently read the 14 laws of fat burning, by Chris Aceto, on this site which I thought was very well written and educational for someone of my limited experience, and this, along with various other articles motivated me to join the forum.

If you've read this far, thanks, I look forward to learning and will post updates regarding the effectiveness of my training in the coming weeks or months.

Best wishes

(Bham) Andy

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
it is great to have you join us Andy! welcome to the iron den! :D

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Welcome to the Den bro

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Welcome to TID

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
welcome to the tid...dw

B

BhamAndy

Nov 4, 2011
Thanks Lizard king and deadweight.

I've had a good look around and I can see this is going to be a great resource for me, I'll try and contribute where I can, and post about my own progress.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
BhamAndy thanks for joining us on TID, good to have UK members as its you fellas that keep the forum alive during the night hours here.

I suggest you post up your current workout routine and diet regimen as we have some great minds here and would be happy to assist you to meet your goals.

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
Welcome to TID.
-CC-

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
Welcome to TID

Great to have more UK members Join!

B

BhamAndy

Nov 4, 2011
Thanks admin, Captaincaveman and MaNiCC.

I'll post up my diet and workout regime in the member online journals.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic