Members
Latest Member
AKC83
What's New?

New member... Hello

A

AngelaSheree

Oct 19, 2015
Hi, everyone. Just discovered this site. I am not new to fitness, but I haven't been consistent. At 42, getting back in shape is harder than it used to be, and now I'm about 35 pounds overweight. Fat makes me feel old, and I don't like it! Never thought I would find myself in this position. Looking for motivation and knowledge from people who have been here at my age and pulled out of the slump to get into great shape again. I admire the figure-pro physique, and I want to be strong, agile, and energetic again.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Welcome aboard! You've made a decision to do something about it and that's great. Do you have a coach, are you following a program?

A

AngelaSheree

Oct 19, 2015
Thanks. No coach, seriously considering that... Then I'd have someone else helping me figure out what works for me or doesn't. Haven't looked into cost. No particular program, yet, either. I used to be an avid runner, so started working on that again last Monday - running 3x's a week. Went to the gym Saturday for some squats, lunges, and core exercises. In the past I weight trained 4-5 days/week. Right now I'm thinking about a 4-day split with heavy/light days. I lost 4 pounds the first 3 days last week, nothing more in the 6 days since... Muscles are just waking up, though, I suppose.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Welcome :)

Well, it seems like you know what you need to do...just gotta do it!!!

Ziegler

Ziegler

Sep 9, 2015
Hello Angela my name is Ziegler Nice 2 Meet U.

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
Welcome to TID Angela. I hear you. Its easier to stay in shape than to get it back. Just turned 55. Its going well though. The is a lot of help here for you. Good luck.

Paul

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
a coach can definitely be beneficial if it fit's your budget.

Define your goals specifically and post a Log or Journal here so members can help you with encouragement and advice.

Glad to see someone from the GREAT STATE!!!!

A

AngelaSheree

Oct 19, 2015
Welcome :)

Well, it seems like you know what you need to do...just gotta do it!!!

Thanks! It's not the first time I've had to start over. The real problem is I tend to lose hope if I feel like the results aren't coming as quickly as they should or when life decides to disrupt my routine... And my loving family is all too happy to "comfort" me with chocolate and margaritas! Lol. I just have to learn to adapt, overcome, and persevere - and keep trusting the process.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic