Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

New member... Diet guidance

R

ridgy

Jul 20, 2013
Hey guys,

I have been reading posts on and off now for a few months and thought id get some advice on a basic diet i am currently on..

Up until now i have very loosely eaten clean but have now taken the steps to start eating properly hence the "guidance needed" part of the title..

Below is my current weekly diet, times are approx and currently now weighing foods as only staring so thought best get into a routine first then adapt to specific weights at a later date..

06:30 porridge made with milk, handful of blueberries, teaspoon of honey and serving of natural yog, protein shake inc 3 egg whites, creatine (one omega 3 tab one multi vit and one l carnatine tab)

11:00 chicken with seasoning pasta or new potatoes, mixed veg, protein shake

15:30 tuna small amount of mayo, leafy salad

16:30 bcaas one l carnatine tab (pre workout)

18:00 bcass one l catnatine tab (post workout) protein with creatine

18:30 dinner based on partners choice at home (generally healthy)

21:00 porridge (same as breakfast) omega 3 tab

goal is more physique than bulk based..

appreciate the responce guys.. Always open to new things and looking to learn from the vast experience there is on this site..

regards

carl

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
I don't see the point in having a protein shake with your meals that already have chicken breast etc. What's with all the bcaas? I really don't get this at all. Sorry.

R

ridgy

Jul 20, 2013
Thats where i beed the help.. As i said new to this so just goin in what ive been told / read

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
What the **** is porridge? Is that like grits or cream of wheat?

R

ridgy

Jul 20, 2013
Oats.. Spize the english version of grits??

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Welcome to the Den bro. Have you started a food journal and are you weighing and measuring all your food? My Fitness Pal and Fitday.com are two good sites for logging your foods.

Have you calculated your maintenance Kcalories?

What do you weigh, and what %bodyfat are you?

These are some of the things we need to know to be able to help you.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
As stated above, we need more information about yourself. In general your diet looks pretty good. The only real gap I see is healthy fats ie. nuts, oils, avacado etc.

R

ridgy

Jul 20, 2013
As mentioned before i am not weighing food yet and have not kept a journal, Have not calculated maintenance, would not have a clue as to where to start with that.. Currently weight 13st 9lb and around 15%bf (bf measures on boots machine tho so not 100% accurate). So whould i ideally start taking the nuts etc as mid meal snacks and or including with meals??

by the sounds of it i am goin to have to start measuring and calculatating.. U got any good literature to read up on to start getting my head around??

R

ridgy

Jul 20, 2013
Have downloaded my fitness pal and now have my maintenance calories and will in out relevent details after work so that i can start food diary as of tomorrow..

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Have downloaded my fitness pal and now have my maintenance calories and will in out relevent details after work so that i can start food diary as of tomorrow..

Good for you bud. Getting diet under control is more than half this game. Let us know if you need further help.

To start off, mostly I would avoid sugary, salty foods, and eat food that is cooked from raw ingredients by your or a cook. When I was going to up my game I would switch to a diet mostly of meat and complex carbs (rice, potatoes, yams, etc.) with some fibrous veggies on the side, and focus on hitting those macros. Save the whey protein for post workout and when you have to skip a meal. Try to get most of your protein from meats, with fish, chicken, eggs and pork being healthier than beef.

Finally, when bulking, eat about 500Kcals per day above maintenance, and when cutting, go 250 to 500 Kcals per day below maintenance. Bulks should include carbs. Diets can either be with carbs or without carbs. A carbless diet is known as a ketogenic diet. Some other names for it are Atkins, Palumbo, Caveman, etc. diet.

Last edited:
IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Good for you bud. Getting diet under control is more than half this game. Let us know if you need further help.

To start off, mostly I would avoid sugary, salty foods, and eat food that is cooked from raw ingredients by your or a cook. When I was going to up my game I would switch to a diet mostly of meat and complex carbs (rice, potatoes, yams, etc.) with some fibrous veggies on the side, and focus on hitting those macros. Save the whey protein for post workout and when you have to skip a meal. Try to get most of your protein from meats, with fish, chicken, eggs and pork being healthier than beef.

Finally, when bulking, eat about 500Kcals per day above maintenance, and when cutting, go 250 to 500 Kcals per day below maintenance. Bulks should include carbs. Diets can either be with carbs or without carbs. A carbless diet is known as a ketogenic diet. Some other names for it are Atkins, Palumbo, Caveman, etc. diet.

Awesome post woody. This is some great advice for you OP. Good to see you are taking in all the advice and putting it to work. It will make a huge difference. It's part of the lifestyle an very tough at first but you will adapt. Stay motivated with it all

R

ridgy

Jul 20, 2013
What % we looking at for the macros as fitness pal is pre set..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic