Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

New Guy Needs Advice

B

Bambam2012

Oct 29, 2012
Understand your decision to not accept the inevitable declining test. I'm 51 and started trt about 5 years ago. Some with a doc some on my own. As stated previously get with a doctor. Preferably an endocrinologist. My last doc had me on test cyp, Hcg, clomid and arimidex. I went to a new doctor recently and he recommended I start trying a therapy called Testopel. They insert 75 mg pellets subq in your hip. The theory is that ths is a steadier release of test than with injections. Never did cream and have never wanted to. The pellets supposedly keep a steady test level for 4-6 months so gone are the injections and even the ancillary drugs. It hurts for about a week though. I just did my first month after blood and am waiting for results. He will do blood again in 3 months and supposedly have it dialed in on if the dosage of pellets are good and how much /often I need the therapy based on how my test levels turn out. I feel great on it but the jury is out yet on the blood test. If good then I'm thinking this is a pretty nice way to go. Sore ass every 4-6 months and that's it. I'll keep u posted on results

R

rammer76

Nov 8, 2012
Hi dlolson

I just joined my self I hope you see my introduction to the Iron Den gang. I am a certified sports nutritionists and practicing Iron Warrior !! I am 47 yrs old and have made Sports Nutrition and BB my lifestyle. Please check out my product at www.tribustol.com very cool stuff. This supplement is great substitute for the Roids or used in conjunction with.. Personally works just fine by it'self or w/ additional Tribulus herb (1500mg).

Things to consider as well get a doc to test your DHEA levels. DHEA is the parent hormone to the synthesis of Testosterone. So it's starts w/ DHEA levels!! If DHEA is low simply supplement it generally 25-50 mg/day does the trick. This will help Test production along w/ my supplement.

best of luck

rammer76

D

dlolson

Nov 6, 2012
BAM- Does your Dr. bring your levels up to say a 35yr. old's or does he just replace some of the T lost due to natural aging? How should I approach the subject of getting treated if it turns out that I'm "normal" for my age? thanks

Jayt

Jayt

Jul 5, 2012
Welcome Bro,

Lots of TRT guys here. I have been on for about 5 years, 54 years old in a month, and can say that TRT is great and nothing to it! Went the supplement, and then pellet route for some time but found self inject is easier for me. One inject a week and my levels equal an 18 year old. Not to mention my brain started working again, who knew your mind would not function on low test? Suprised the crap out of me! Get going on TRT and get your ass back in the gym and go HEAVY! This is no time to slow down! Us old MFer's got to show these childern how it is done! lol

D

dlolson

Nov 6, 2012
Hey Jayt! Thanks for the encouragement. After my bloodwork next week what if the DR. says I'm within acceptable levels for my age group and not considered "low" enough for TRT? Does that happen much? Anything you can think of that might be helpful for me to ask the DR. would be very much appreciated. Thanks again.

B

Bambam2012

Oct 29, 2012
BAM- Does your Dr. bring your levels up to say a 35yr. old's or does he just replace some of the T lost due to natural aging? How should I approach the subject of getting treated if it turns out that I'm "normal" for my age? thanks

Goal is to be in the upper two thirds of normal range (aprow. 300-1000 range). But he is also concerned with free test and to get those levels above normal for my age not just normal for my age. If you turn out to be normal by one doctors standards ( and that can actually vary) you can always find a doctor that sets the end goal higher. Most of the trt specialization companies will help you out even if you are in a low range but considered normal. They tend to be more expensive and sometimes insurance does not cover it.

D

dlolson

Nov 6, 2012
BAM-thanks for the input. Will be going in tomorrow for tests. Hope everything goes well! The insurance end of TRT will be a problem at this time cause I don't have much coverage. F***, how much on average per month for this type treatment! Let me down easy!!! DLO

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic