Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Need Advice

J

Jmart

Jan 8, 2011
Hey guys, just a few quick questions.

I recently started college and now have access to a full gym. I want to get the most use out of it and was mostly wondering how I should spend my time working out.
I am a short 5' 6'' and weigh about 140.

My goals: Get and stay fit, not huge. Muscles are great, but I don't want to be real wide. Does that make sense? haha

Anyway, ask me any questions that would help you help me out. Just looking for basic advice on routines/ habits I should get into. I'm new to this!

Thanks in advance! :)

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
Lets start with how your workouts go so far and we will see how we can improve this along with diet and daily routine

J

Jmart

Jan 8, 2011
Well today I started out with a 1.5 mile jog to warm up, then did upper body.
Wasn't real sure what I was doing so I just tried most of the machines out...
I did chest, abs, Bis, Tris, Lats, and some back, trying to keep my reps between 8-10.

Obviously, I have no real structure or plan as it is.
Plan on doing lower body tomorrow, then maybe a cardio day after that? I haven't a clue...

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
Be best to work one muscle group at a time so you give it proper time to heal most guys will do some thing like

Mon Chest Incline bench, Flat bench, cable cross over, pec dec or dips
Tues legs Sqauts, leg press, leg extensions, and weighted lunges (some guys split there leg workouts into twice a week sessions to hit the quads and hamstrings on two diff days)
Wed off or cardio
Thurs back and shoulders DB rows, reverse flys, t bar rows, pullups wide and close grip, front lateral raises, side lateral raises, and military press with DBs
Fri off or cardio
Sat bis and tris concentrated DB curls, hammer curls, and preacher curls, Tris Skull crushers, dips, and DB kickbacks, rope tricep extensions, close grip bench
Sun off or cardio

This isnt a plan i am writing for you there are much better out there just a example of how some guys do it and helps to let these different muscle groups heal, the biggest diff is going to be how you eat depending on what your goals are you can train as hard as you want but if you dont consume enough calories or protein or good carbs gonna be impossible to reach your goals. There are many supps out there as well to help you reach some goals which i know you use protein powders before but some thing like creatine and glutamine along with bcaas will help your body recover faster as well. Whole foods are going to be the most important thing and since your trying to put on lean mass. Some guys have posted some great workout and diet logs that you could read up on and help educate yourself. Remember that your body has to heal and you need alot of rest and nutrition to grow. Good luck Bro.

J

Jmart

Jan 8, 2011
You're a boss man, thanks for the tips.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
go workout with YS as he looks like he has a good idea of what needs to be done and how to get there!

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Stunna pretty much summed it up right there. Take some time are read through other peoples logs for workout ideas. there is tons of diet info and even recepies on her. Most importantly though is once you start, stay with it. A lot of people start going to the gym but never stick with it. you have to be dedicated to get results.

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
Hey if you get me in that big ass gym at the university not only will workout with you I'll be your wingman

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic