jacobss
What's New?

Nearly $500K to send Michelle, family to Africa

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Nearly $500K to send Michelle, family to Africa

First Lady Michelle Obama's June 21-27 trip to Africa cost taxpayers nearly half-a-million dollars, according to official documents obtained by Judicial Watch. AP Photos

How much does it cost taxpayers to fly First Lady Michelle Obama, her two daughters and her mother, a niece and a nephew, a hairstylist and makeup artists to South Africa and Botswana to give a few speeches, meet Nelson Mandela, and enjoy a safari on a private game preserve?

Nearly half a million dollars, according to documents obtained by Judicial Watch via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) concerning Obama's June 21-27 journey.

Judicial Watch said the U.S. Air Force provided a C-32 - a Boeing 757 modified by the military for the purpose of flying big-wigs around the world - to fly the First Lady and her entourage to and from Africa, at a cost of $424,142. Another $928.44 was listed as the cost of providing 192 meals for the 21 people who made the trip

The Obama daughters were listed on the manifest as "senior staff."

“This trip was as much an opportunity for the Obama family to go on a safari as it was a trip to conduct government business,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “This junket wasted tax dollars and the resources of our overextended military. No wonder we had to sue to pry loose this information.”

The documents made public by Judicial Watch do not include the total of all costs for the First Lady's trip, such as expenses for security, transportation on the ground and so forth.

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
this is BULL FUCKING SHIT MAN I am so fucking sick of this kinda crap

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I woulda been fine paying that to send them back to Africa... If only they'd have stayed!

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
I woulda been fine paying that to send them back to Africa... If only they'd have stayed!

This^^^

Change that to a one-way ticket and it'll be worth every penny. We can't afford NOT to send them.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Everyone seems to be in agreement, let's Get it done!

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
i agree. that or i wish a lion had gotten him nice 21 person meal

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
Everyone seems to be in agreement, let's Get it done!

I've got a guy with a plane that doesn't ask questions and owes me a favor!

...maybe not THAT big of a favor though. lol

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Complete bullshit. If that were you guys wouldn't you feel BAD about racking up such an egregious bill? I don't even have words to describe what a total waste of money that is. I would feel like a piece of shit and could never ever do that on tax payers dime. To me, that just shows how out of touch that stupid bitch is and how much they care about the commoner.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Under a thousand dollars for 192 meals? How the fu........?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic