Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Muscle Soreness

fattytophatty

fattytophatty

TID Lady Member
Dec 26, 2014
I'm not sure if other experience this, but I wanted to post to get some feedback. I've been lifting really hard since September and have changed my routines several times as I progress. Weird thing is I'm rarley sore. I'm sweating buckets and lifting as hard as I can and feel like I can't do one more rep. Other people have even commented on how hard of a worker I am at the gym. In talking to other people that BB, they said I'm doing something wrong since I should always be sore. Thoughts? I eat very clean these days, get at least a gallon of water in and I'm taking omegas and other vitamins. I kind of look at it as though I'm lucky and shouldn't bitch, but others have me thinking I'm wrong.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I get sore sometimes. But not always. And I definitely don't train with "soreness" being my goal. If you are making progress (which you are) then don't change a damn thing. I always get a kick out of it when people who are smaller than me and have made no progress in years tell me that I need to be doing thus and so (insert current fad).

fattytophatty

fattytophatty

TID Lady Member
Dec 26, 2014
I'm not sure if other experience this, but I wanted to post to get some feedback. I've been lifting really hard since September and have changed my routines several times as I progress. Weird thing is I'm rarley sore. I'm sweating buckets and lifting as hard as I can and feel like I can't do one more rep. Other people have even commented on how hard of a worker I am at the gym. In talking to other people that BB, they said I'm doing something wrong since I should always be sore. Thoughts? I eat very clean these days, get at least a gallon of water in and I'm taking omegas and other vitamins. I kind of look at it as though I'm lucky and shouldn't bitch, but others have me thinking I'm wrong.

I get sore sometimes. But not always. And I definitely don't train with "soreness" being my goal. If you are making progress (which you are) then don't change a damn thing. I always get a kick out of it when people who are smaller than me and have made no progress in years tell me that I need to be doing thus and so (insert current fad).

Thanks, you are so right! Plus the people I hear it from have never been to the gym with me. It's BB talk at the water cooler. "I'm so sore this and that and why aren't you?!" I feel like I'm on a good path and if I can hit it hard without mega pain later, then good for me. And excuse the grammatical errors in the first post!

texas boy

texas boy

May 28, 2014
Hell, my job is what make me sore. The gym helps me work out the soreness.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I think it's something that varies from individual to individual. And I've noticed with myself that some muscle groups get sore and others rarely if ever do.

I always seem to get very sore in the hamstrings from the squats, machine squats, leg presses, and hacks I do on QUAD day. My glutes also tend to get sore from this, and lower back sometimes as well. Quads don't seem to get very sore very often even though they're big and muscular.

Pecs and tris always get very sore. As does much of the mid/upper back, rear delts, and traps - especially after heavy back workouts where rack pulls and very heavy rows are done.

Biceps rarely get sore, and when they do it's usually also after an especially hard back workout. Calves rarely get very sore. Front delts used to get quite sore when I was younger, but don't seem to much anymore for some reason.

But I tend to live my life in a state of some degree of DOMS, depending upon where I'm at in my 9 day training cycle.

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
Most people get sore when they take time off or just starting to workout. This is normal as muscles develop your soreness will be less. So you should have no soreness for the most part after working out more than a few months unless you go super heavy.. i have little soreness. With that said I was on the incline bench doing a 5x5 program and developed a muscle strain on my pec and I hadn't had soreness in almost a year so be careful not to over load because you dont feel any sorness, but I'm over 40 so it my training is a little different now. Most BB will tell you soreness is not an indicator of growth either keep that in mind..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic