jacobss
What's New?

Missouri Football

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
American citizens have the right to protest. Everything else on this whole thread is just misplaced hate/anger aimed at strawmen. This what always happens on these threads one subject turns into 75 other things that have nothing to do with the core issue. If you should be mad about anything regarding this incident was the way some involved tried to stop the press from entering. The students have the right to protest and the press has the right to cover it. Both first amendment issues. The rest is just the usual stuff you guys like to bitch and moan about. Get your aggression out on me one here it's better. Haven't even gotten granite's obligatory attack, yet.

hey Matt, I totally agree with you. We both have a warm place in our heart for the 1st Amendment. Take a look at a professor at Missou bullying a student photographer who was attempting to photograph protesters in a public space for the newspapers. These "protesters" don't love free speech like you and I. Rather, they seek power, and are more than willing to muzzle anyone to get it. The do not share our classical liberal values. They truly are thugs, IMO

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...udent-tai-reviews-professors-status/75536062/

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
hey Matt, I totally agree with you. We both have a warm place in our heart for the 1st Amendment. Take a look at a professor at Missou bullying a student photographer who was attempting to photograph protesters in a public space for the newspapers. These "protesters" don't love free speech like you and I. Rather, they seek power, and are more than willing to muzzle anyone to get it. The do not share our classical liberal values. They truly are thugs, IMO

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...udent-tai-reviews-professors-status/75536062/

I mentioned that in the post you quoted.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
The rest is just the usual stuff you guys like to bitch and moan about. Get your aggression out on me one here it's better. Haven't even gotten granite's obligatory attack, yet.

I might add Matthew, you are playing the victim here, and for what reason, to promote or further your narrative? You said "the usual stuff you guys hitch and moan about"... can you please explain exactly what you mean by "usual stuff"? Specifics please.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I might add Matthew, you are playing the victim here, and for what reason, to promote or further your narrative? You said "the usual stuff you guys hitch and moan about"... can you please explain exactly what you mean by "usual stuff"? Specifics please.
......wait for it......

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I mentioned that in the post you quoted.

Understood. My point was that I don't think much of the protesters. Not because they are protesting, but because I question their motives. I don't believe they've been wronged. Rather, I think they've got the maturity and thought processes of a toddler who throws themselves onto the floor to pitch a fit in order to get you to do what they demand. They're doing that very thing. And resigning only emboldens them for another scalp.

I suppose I should just sit back and watch the progressives get eaten by the monsters they've created.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I have a feeling that one of Soros's orgs is at the root of all of this latest uproar. He spreads the money around to the militants, who organize the agitators to stir up the mobs.

Everyone has the right to peaceful protest. You don't have the right to commit violence or vandalism (or even to threaten such things), or to become a public nuisance or a threat to public safety. And you don't have the right to prevent others from speaking or peacefully protesting just because you don't agree with them or they don't agree with you. No one has the right to threaten the press and silence them by force like that old hag at the uni did.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I wonder what would have happened had the President not resigned, but quietly and respectfully informed the football team that he respects them all for having such firmly held beliefs and their right to protest, and then politely informed them that they would all be losing their full scholarships. After all, forfeiting almost 35,000-40,000 in pretax money for the full ride scholarship that they don't pay taxes on is the least they football team to show their solidarity since this is such an important issue on the campus.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
So Mizzou names a guy named Middleton, who retired back in August, as the new president or whatever. I heard a radio clip from him today, and he said "in order for us to move forward, we must go back and revisit...". Why in the fukk do they feel they must go back? Still trying to dig old shit up? Not letting go of the past? It's not called for to go back bcuz they'll never move forward and get past this shit.

Middleton needs to tell these whiney ass kids who are supposedly offended or feeling a certain way, about how racism really was when he was at Mizzou back in the 60s. When blacks were beaten by people and cops turned a blind eye, or when they burned blacks houses down, and were sprayed with fire hoses. But I doubt he'll do that, instead he will feed into the bullshit.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Yeah, by constantly "going back and revisiting", or forever "being mindful of our history", this constantly stirs the old shit up, agitates the militants and the far left, and tries to keep the rest of us apologetic and on the defensive.

I've said before that I refuse to apologize for anything I did not personally do, and refuse to accept responsibility or guilt for things that happened before I was born. And things that happened 50 or 150 years ago or longer ago are now irrelevant as far as I'm concerned... there's no way I'm going to get anything because my ancestors - all Native Americans and post-Civil War European immigrants - were mistreated long before anyone alive today was born. Time for everyone to get over whatever happened to their parents and their ancestors generations and centuries ago and move forward.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic