Latest Member
TableEffit
What's New?

Milk - yes or no??

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I know there are varied opinions on just about all protein and carb sources, and through diligent research I've recently concluded to stay away from milk as a dietary staple. It's been about 16 weeks since I regularly consumed any, mainly because of the carbs being simple and the protein being slow digesting.

Whole foods always and whey post workout has been my protocol and I've enjoyed the results, but this craving for ice cold milk has been haunting me a lot lately.

Just wanted to get yalls take on milk in general...

Do some of you attribute your mass to gallons of whole milk a week?

Others stay away because of the macros?

Before bed to fight catabolism during sleep?

Other thoughts??

Peace to a good weekend.

Last edited:
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Milk is awesome, and a great source of carbs and protein. I stick to 2% just my opinion. But yeah, milk is what gets those extra pounds on that we all need.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Milk direct from the source is best.....

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I use milk in my protein shakes because it is better than with water.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I'm going to go against the grain and say no, conditionally, based on whether or not you can stomach it. I, for one, cannot do straight milk, although I love it. It gives me wicked shits and gas. I am a big almond milk guy. I buy the unsweetened vanilla kind and it tastes good, is lactose free, and has a decent nutritional profile.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I drink quite a bit of milk. I keep 1% and whole milk on hand. What I drink depends on where I am at with my macro goals for the day. When I need the fat, I go with whole, when I am coming close to my fat goal for day, I will use 1%.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Milk is ok, I'm not a big fan of all the processing but generally speaking chocolate milk is one of the best post workout choices you can make.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
no milk for me

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
I love milk (skim). It has its place in both cutting and bulking. Even while low carbing it seems to effect me different then other carb sources. With that said though I do have my limits with it and having too much causes bloating.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
no milk here, gives me gas, is now pretty expensive anyways and makes you hold water.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic