Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Meal ideas

T

Towns89

Dec 11, 2011
Does anyone have a good idea for a lunch time meal?..I'm usually in work around lunch time so need somethin quick and simple.

Need it to be around 500calories as im trying to put on muscle

Thanks

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i would think a good meaty sandwich with multi grain bread would be a great thing. easy to make, throw on some mayo for fat, lots of cheese and meat for protien and the bread for carbs and you have something that you can pack every morning and eat on the go!

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
Right now, Im trying to lay low on carbs as much as possible. My lunch lately has been 8oz chicken breast, 2oz of almonds, and 1 cup of broccoli. This comes to about 570 calories, 58g protein, 16g carbs, 33g fat.

T

Towns89

Dec 11, 2011
i would think a good meaty sandwich with multi grain bread would be a great thing. easy to make, throw on some mayo for fat, lots of cheese and meat for protien and the bread for carbs and you have something that you can pack every morning and eat on the go!

Yeah I was thinkin that but I was told to stay away from what as it interferes with protein synthesis or somethin but then loads of people say to eat brown bread and stuff. Think I'll just stick with it. A tuna sandwhich is around 330cals so add few extra things and I'm sorted. Thanks.

Right now, Im trying to lay low on carbs as much as possible. My lunch lately has been 8oz chicken breast, 2oz of almonds, and 1 cup of broccoli. This comes to about 570 calories, 58g protein, 16g carbs, 33g fat.

That's seems a good lunch. May keep that in mind if I start having low carb days.

Thanks

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Yeah I was thinkin that but I was told to stay away from what as it interferes with protein synthesis or somethin but then loads of people say to eat brown bread and stuff. Think I'll just stick with it. A tuna sandwhich is around 330cals so add few extra things and I'm sorted. Thanks.

im confussed, a meat and cheese sandwich will mess with your protien synthesis but a tuna sandwich wont?

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
If you want to add some carbs in there, you could only eat 1 oz of almonds and add in a cup of brown rice.

Shovel

Shovel

Oct 21, 2010
I usually eat a restaurant for lunch, but sometimes, when I'm out in the sticks, I make hamburger helper the night before and take it in a dish. I'll use the engine heat under the hood to heat it up. I love that stuff...

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
I like some good quality deli turkey on a flax wrap with olive oil mayo or mustard. Also have some fresh spinach to throw in for fiber and crunchynesss. Also like to hit subway and get 2 footlongs and that makes 4 nice mini meals Pretty cheap with the 5$ footlongs.

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
I usually eat a restaurant for lunch, but sometimes, when I'm out in the sticks, I make hamburger helper the night before and take it in a dish. I'll use the engine heat under the hood to heat it up. I love that stuff...

Ill admit, when Im bulking or just not too concerned about my diet, Ill eat some of the whole grain helper. Its pretty good for something quick and easy.

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011

I'd need to be in the woods after eating hamburger helper,stuff gives me some serious fumes.

Shovel

Shovel

Oct 21, 2010
I'd need to be in the woods after eating hamburger helper,stuff gives me some serious fumes.

I always fume. Lol
Honestly, it must be the meat your using. I use beef from one of our butchered heifers. It's so lean there's no grease to drain.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic