Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Me, Myself, and Accutane

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Overall I am very happy with the product from Researchstop. I just want to note that on my last order I decided to order 2 bottles of the accutane. Unfortunately they were not filled to the same level. I would go so far as to say there was a 10 ml difference between the two 80 ml bottles. The product works great but this kind of inconsistency is concerning. For all I know I could have 90 mls in the taller bottle. One has to wonder about the constancy of dosage.

ProteinFarts

ProteinFarts

Apr 7, 2014
I would say don't take it. I understand acne sucks balls. But Acutaine sucks worse. I took it as a teenager and I still come back as high liver function tests and my face is super sun sensitive to this day - 25 yrs later IMO. I would try everything else before that.

Has your doc specifically tested the zit juice to see what kind of bacteria is breading on your face? That is a nessisarry start. In the past I found two things that curred my horrible zits for a year each. Completely curred it - like it never was. But each only worked for a year than my zits learned a work-a-round.

Multidopholis - good gut bacteria - take all strains.
MSM - sulfer

And stick to all Newtrogena products for your face soap and lotion.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I would say don't take it. I understand acne sucks balls. But Acutaine sucks worse. I took it as a teenager and I still come back as high liver function tests and my face is super sun sensitive to this day - 25 yrs later IMO. I would try everything else before that.

Has your doc specifically tested the zit juice to see what kind of bacteria is breading on your face? That is a nessisarry start. In the past I found two things that curred my horrible zits for a year each. Completely curred it - like it never was. But each only worked for a year than my zits learned a work-a-round.

Multidopholis - good gut bacteria - take all strains.
MSM - sulfer

And stick to all Newtrogena products for your face soap and lotion.

We would need to know the dosing that your Derma had you on the generally run this product 5 times higher than is needed as they do not take the time to stay on top of current studies etc...........

ProteinFarts

ProteinFarts

Apr 7, 2014
We would need to know the dosing that your Derma had you on the generally run this product 5 times higher than is needed as they do not take the time to stay on top of current studies etc...........

No idea. I took it 25 yrs ago.

ProteinFarts

ProteinFarts

Apr 7, 2014
And your results?

It completely cleared my face but only for the 6 months I was on it. As soon as I went off they came back. But I do not believe that's typical. I didnt have the scarring kind that acutaine users get. I just had tons of little white heads. So glad that's over lol. I remember zits dominated my mind during Highschool and college.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
60 mg was working great. Got tired of dry lips though. Tried to go to a maintenance dose of 20mg. Skin got oily within 2 weeks. Bumped up to 40, still a bit oily. Bumped up to 50... pretty good at 50 so far.

TNCOWBOY

TNCOWBOY

Jan 21, 2014
Not gonna read this entire thread but Accutane is a suicide machine. And you can save the comments because I know for a fact. I have never been the same person.

Now, so is cystic acne for an eighth grader. So... Its a bitch trying to figure out what to do.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Not gonna read this entire thread but Accutane is a suicide machine. And you can save the comments because I know for a fact. I have never been the same person.

Now, so is cystic acne for an eighth grader. So... Its a bitch trying to figure out what to do.

Having acne at 18 is one thing but, it's expected at that age. Having a sudden onset of acne well into your 30s is quite another. Regardless, so far I have noticed no mental side effects.

Care to go into detail TNC? I'm curious why you named it a suicide machine.

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
Been doing maintenance at 40 mg week but up it if I start to break out a little depends on estrogen control and gear dosage when you go over a gram or 1500mg harder to control so I have to bump it to 60 sucks cuz I know how toxic this crap is...

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Having acne at 18 is one thing but, it's expected at that age. Having a sudden onset of acne well into your 30s is quite another. Regardless, so far I have noticed no mental side effects.

Yeah, how about 46 lol. I was lucky that 20mg for six months cured me. 40mg dried my face and lips out too bad. I still get a little acne on my face but my back and chest are clear.

TNCOWBOY

TNCOWBOY

Jan 21, 2014

The correlation to suicide is well documented. Google it and the returns are astounding Also, I attempted suicide shortly after my first course of treatment. One of my better friends growing up attempted and succeeded killing himself his Freshman year of college. Granted, this was roughly two years after his treatment but like me his personality pretty drastically was altered and he was never the same.

Its a a shame really because those of you that taken it likely know it works like nobody's business. I was a pharmaceutical rep up until about a year ago and occasionally would run into a Dermatologist. They will tell you that there is no drug to this day that even compares in efficacy in treating cystic acne.

It really is amazing thinking back on the UNBELIVABLE POWER in those pills. It seems to literally dry you from the inside out as many noted talking about the scaly skin and cracked lips. I also had crazy joint pain that was akin to growing pains. GUSHERS of nosebleeds which of course stemed from the dry skin. And finally vivid, absolute eyepopping nightmares that occurred night after night. It is very difficult even today for me to look someone in the eye. I always say I don't know whether the Accutane retarded m socially or if I self conditioned myself from the shame of my face looking like I had the worlds worst case of measles. There are dozens more severe side effects if you want to look them up.

If you have children with severe cystic acne I don't envy you because it's a very tough call. My son turns 11in December and I pray to heaven that is a gene that skips him.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic