Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Me, Myself, and Accutane

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Two days in a row of dry lips. I don't really get dry lips so this is looking like a confirmed side effect. I noticed a couple of blisters on the roof of my mouth. It's too early to tell but I think the alcohol in this solution is actually burning my mouth. I've aimed my oral syringe differently today. We will see if that changes anything.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Two days in a row of dry lips. I don't really get dry lips so this is looking like a confirmed side effect. I noticed a couple of blisters on the roof of my mouth. It's too early to tell but I think the alcohol in this solution is actually burning my mouth. I've aimed my oral syringe differently today. We will see if that changes anything.
Chap stick will be your new best friend…lol Also get some fragrence free lotion for your face. Regular lotion will burn…

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Enjoy you will be getting clear skin in just a few weeks my friend, remember LONG duration though.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
About 2 weeks in. 20mg for a week and 40mg for a week. Looks like I'm starting to have a flare up. I can feel discomfort on 3 different spots on my face where a pimple is likely to come up. My face is very flaky especially on my upper lip and the corners of my nose. I am seeing improvement on my shoulders. The blisters on the roof of my mouth have not resolved and I'm unsure if this is a side effect of the alcohol in the chem. I tried mixing the chem into a large protein shake but it made the whole shake taste like the chem. So, I'm back to squirting it directly into my mouth with a mouth full of chaser.

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
I'm back on maintenance dose of 40 milligrams a week times 2 mon and Thursday ... It helps but needed man

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Got my first accutane induced nose bleed while getting ready for work this morning. That was pleasant.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Why did you up the dose from 20mg?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Why did you up the dose from 20mg?

I'm trying to do something similar to what my dermatologist said we were going to do. I've been doing a lot of research and even at 40 it's a very low dose. The plan is to go to 60 and stay there. I'm seeing doses up to 120 online. I remember my derm saying he felt 75 was going to be the number for me. That might have something to do with the increments that the pharm drug is sold in. Maybe 25mg tabs? I'm just guessing.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I'm trying to do something similar to what my dermatologist said we were going to do. I've been doing a lot of research and even at 40 it's a very low dose. The plan is to go to 60 and stay there. I'm seeing doses up to 120 online. I remember my derm saying he felt 75 was going to be the number for me. That might have something to do with the increments that the pharm drug is sold in. Maybe 25mg tabs? I'm just guessing.

I will find the 20mg study and post it, I wish you would have tried that route as it has worked for a few guys I know personally but hey I know you cats think MORE is always best........lol
Cheers

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I'm happy to say that my face is completely clear. I thnk I'm at the six or seven week mark. I did have a flare that started at week two and lasted a few weeks. My body acne is improved but not gone. I'm getting some small pimples on my biceps oddly enough. Overall I'm pretty happy after I learned how to deal with the sides.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
How is bacne? Do you break out bad there?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
How is bacne? Do you break out bad there?

I would say it's improved. Maybe 30-40% better. You know the bacne comes on with sweat. It's a different mechanism then the facial acne caused by oily skin. I'm not sure the accutane is going to work 100% for the bacne. I'll keep you updated.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic