Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Mass_Chaos Run At Powerlifting

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
How do you feel since cutting out all the excess warmups?

It jacks me uup reading this log because we have many very close numbers.

mass_chaos

mass_chaos

Feb 5, 2012
you made that look too easy !!!

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

No shit! That's beast mode right there.

Im not Beast yet. Thanks for the compliment.

freakin childs play MC!

POB, my man thanks. It was a GREAT night as 505lbs was a new PR. We went on to do squats and deads but the camera man left. Worked up 600lb squat and 615 on deads. These are what Im really concentrating on. We did leave some in the tank as we did not want to risk injury.

How do you feel since cutting out all the excess warmups?

It jacks me uup reading this log because we have many very close numbers.

Fixxer, you are one of the reasons this board is so great. Since your input, I have made changes and with GREAT results. Thanks a lot!!!

mass_chaos

mass_chaos

Feb 5, 2012
My first full meet is in the books. It was a small meet and not many competitiors. It was a GREAT learning experience. I took top honors with squat of 600lbs, 505lb bench and a 625lb deadlift for a 1730 total. My final score was 995.961 and second place was 847.99. Although the meet small, the directors were very supportive as I was the only outsider. So what did I learn? For starters I learned that powerlifting meets are a lot mor taxing than I thought. LMAO!!!! After going back and looking at vids, I was not happy with form on lifts. I dont know if it were nerves or the fact that they were let guys get away with certain things. Either way, the team and I will correct it. The last thing I learned is that no matter how professional you are, there will be people that hate the fact that you are capable of doing things that they can not do. I opened at 585lbs on squat. When I finished my lift I walked back to my wife and she was explaining, with an attitude, to 2 spectators that I did not just pull the number 585 out of my ass. I have been traing for this and have done that weight numerous times. At the time I thought nothing of it. She did not want me to lose focus so she waited until the end of the meet to explain that their words were " Where did he get the idea to go so heavy? He will look like a jack ass when they load all the weight on the bar and he can't lift it" LMAO!!! Joke was on them. my strategy is always open 25lbs lighter than gym max. 2nd lift is gym max and 3rd lift is for PR! Might not be best strategy but it works. Damn I LOVE THAT WOMAN!!! Always has my back!!!! Time to deload.

mass_chaos

mass_chaos

Feb 5, 2012
Deload is complete and today was first day with some heavy weight since the meet. Before I began my workout, my friend that helps me with my training, told me that he has something that he wants to add.

Squats:

225 x 10
285 x 8
340 x 5
405 x 3
455 x 3
515 x 3
This is where my buddy had a bright idea to add some shit. We drop the weight to 225 and squat with a pause at the bottom then back to the top just a tad short of lockout, no stop and back down for a pause. This is new to me so it was BRUTAL!!!
Pause Squat
225 x 15
225 x 15
225 x 13

Leg Press(3 sec descent)
Rack x 15
Rack x 13
Rack x 12

Leg Curl( Single Leg)
50 x 12
65 x 10
85 x 8

SLDL
245 x 10
245 x 10
245 x 10

Calf Raise SS with Crunch
Rack x 10/25 crunches
rack x 10/25 crunches
rack x 10/25 crunches

I had to make a stop at the grocery store to pick some items up for the Mrs. and I caught hell trying to keep the puke down. I made it!!!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ok I don't know how I missed the comp wrote up... I am floored by that total. You won by over 100lbs??? That's hysterical. Looks like you have a future in powerlifting :)

Cool story on the squats... That pause at the bottom adds a lot of intensity from trying to hold upright like that...

Welcome back from the deload bro.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic