Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Magnesium l-threonate

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Anybody have any experience with this type of magnesium that supposedly crosses the blood brain barrier, a cognitive powerhouse? Sounds interesting

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I tried it (Magtein) for a long period of time. Also Magnesium L-Lactate Dihydrate with zero perceivable benefits. Both were taken for a few years at least. How dumb was I to keep taking something that didn't help in any way? Very dumb. Another Datbtrue hype job. I also remember his claim for Niagen, IGF LR1 (only his... er.. Tom's.. of course), and MitoQ. Guess what all three of those did for me?

ZERO.

I think a lot of this shit is straight up placebo, including a lot of the healing peptides like BPC and TB. Problem is unless someone has a time machine, we can't have a control group of ourselves. Even GH to a great degree. Yea, I said it. The only thing that has ever consistently done anything is AAS and MT2. At one time, I was taking over $800/month in supplements. I have experimented with a lot. 51 different supplements per day at the peak. $800/month = jack shit in results.

Last edited:
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
To clarify, I regret, rather than "Like" your history of unsatisfactory results, but I do like the Consumer Reports value you bring here.

"Individuals differ," etc, etc, but it's good to hear both sides of product reviews.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Anybody have any experience with this type of magnesium that supposedly crosses the blood brain barrier, a cognitive powerhouse? Sounds interesting
Wifey is looking into this actually earlier today, interestingly enough.
Huberman has some stuff on it here is a short, he is pretty smart and does train and is not a sissy.

Last edited:
beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I know. I'm the guy that never gets the good shit out of anything. Everyone else is "wow I sleep so great on GH. Man, I'm getting so lean on GH. Golly willickers I I've gained five pounds to my dick on GH." The only thing it's ever done for me is grow shit that shouldn't grow. The bones in my wrists grew to a point where the tendons now "catch" occasionally. I kid you not here, but I was 5'9" five years ago. I am 5'10" now. I went up over a full size in my fucking shoes and had to buy all new ones. I was so pissed at Inov8 because I kept blaming them for sending me small shoes. No, my fucking feet had grown that much. Guess what didn't grow? My dick or my muscles.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Mag threonate and taurate are both also said mitigate tren and or AAS body odor. Again, varying results between users.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Back on subject. Mag oxide and citrate are not worth the minimal sleep improvement over their laxative action(s). IMO.

I am currently running the gauntlet of magnesium sups to find the best for sleep. Thank you for providing this form and Hubberman's position is greatly valued here.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I use mag glycinate for sleep. Never threonate. I have read about it and listened to people who use it. I may give it a try. I need all the help I can get.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Just go do some reading on it over on Reddit under the nootropics sub. This isn't new. The posts you find will be years and years old. Same mix of first-time users making great claims that suspiciously never come back and keep reporting and those that need a little more for proof of efficacy. Majority of supplementation is pure horseshit for the sake of profit. Throw in a few studies and good rep, and it's a winner until a few months later. Then just dig something else out.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Mag threonate and taurate are both also said mitigate tren and or AAS body odor. Again, varying results between users.
Never was told about the tren odor nor have I noticed it myself is it dose dependant?

Reactions: CFM
Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
Magnessium BiGlycinate

L Theanine 400mg
Apigen 50mg

Dopamine like effect ...... stops thinking, its also super relaxing.

IMHO this is the best Hubeman sleep stack.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic