Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Looks vs strength...why u lift?

S

Shock

VIP Member
Nov 28, 2015
Looks and overall physical and mental health for me, but strength is a nice "side-effect." Even in my early 40's I have to be careful with even heavy-ish weights. I feel like I'm always on the verge of pulling something. With how advanced the equipment is nowadays, I can get the workout I want without sticking with the big three lifts. After seeing the thread on low vs. high reps, I started to increase my reps and have noticed a nice improvement in size. The decreased weight and increased concentration kind of puts my mind at ease about incurring injury without sacrificing intensity.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
The goal should always be to look your best and be strong at the same time . MAyb not 600 pound strong but just enough to break someone’s neck if need be

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Looks and overall physical and mental health for me, but strength is a nice "side-effect." Even in my early 40's I have to be careful with even heavy-ish weights. I feel like I'm always on the verge of pulling something. With how advanced the equipment is nowadays, I can get the workout I want without sticking with the big three lifts. After seeing the thread on low vs. high reps, I started to increase my reps and have noticed a nice improvement in size. The decreased weight and increased concentration kind of puts my mind at ease about incurring injury without sacrificing intensity.
I've adopted a similar philosophy recently. Is it just me or is 40 the magical age where everything hurts and it always feels like you're one rep away from pulling something?

S

Shock

VIP Member
Nov 28, 2015
The goal should always be to look your best and be strong at the same time . MAyb not 600 pound strong but just enough to break someone’s neck if need be
That's a good standard metric for strength..haha

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I've been doing too long to stop now. Plus I hate all other forms of exercise.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic