Looks vs strength...why u lift?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Dnsvideo, May 6, 2016.

1. Ogre717

Ogre717 TID Official Lab Rat

Jul 22, 2011
    LK is gonna pick on me for bumping old shit again but I'm stealing this

2. BrotherIron

BrotherIron TID Board Of Directors

Mar 6, 2011
    Why can't you have both?

3. metsfan4life

metsfan4life Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Totes agree. but ill take just a little of both, not to be tooooo greedy

4. Lizard King

Lizard King Administrator Staff Member

Sep 9, 2010
    I least Clinton wasn't in office when this thread was started.

Ogre717 likes this.
  5. sityslicker1

sityslicker1 TID Board Of Directors

Oct 6, 2010
    I love the rush I get from muscle pumps. I usually get much better pumos training for aesthetics.

However I do like getting under some heavy ass weight from time to time. --esp on tren or superdrol. The strength gains are ridiculous on those and hitting new PRs weekly.

6. Bigtex

Bigtex VIP Member

Aug 14, 2012
    My goal years and years back was strength. Several surgeries and all sorts of damage later, now I just want to be as big as possible, which looks good to me. Just happy to still be in the gym lifting.

7. Bigtex

Bigtex VIP Member

Aug 14, 2012
    My goal years and years back was strength. Several surgeries and all sorts of damage later, now I just want to be as big as possible, which looks good to me. Just happy to still be in the gym lifting.

8. Gms585

Gms585 VIP Member

Mar 17, 2017
    BOTH!
    I train for strongman these days, but if there is no event on the horizon I body build in the mean time.

9. two_slug

two_slug VIP Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Strictly BBer for 30+ yrs, even though I incorporated the Pl lifts and had respectable lifts in all three. The older I get, the more it is for just staying ( and feeling) young. I just had a three month lay off, and during that time I've started having pains and aches in places I've never had. I can now imagine how the average person my age who doesn't workout feels. lol

10. Apple Jack

Apple Jack New Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Looks and strenght... The reason why i lift weight is simple - i love my body and take care about this.. It looks like a challenge for me to gain a couple of lb next month... or to add some weight on the barbell..

So it's just interesting and i love what i do