Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

leg cramps

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Besides foam rolling what else can I do for my quads?

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Cramps at any time, or just while training?

Could be electrolyte balance. Make sure to get your salts and fluids.

Either way, magnesium deficiency is the main reason why the muscles can not relax. It's very difficult to correctly measure too, as only 1% is in the blood.

Supping 450-600mgs of magnesium citrate a day would be worth a shot, it isn't expensive.

Next is vitamin E, just make sure it isn't synthetic. Synthetic vitamin E actually drains the natural storage, and studies have shown it not to be beneficial at all.

Third is calcium, but most people are not calcium deficient. However many people are deficient in the nutrients that help PLACING calcium, which are magnesium and vitamin K2.

Hope this helps.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Had 2 large Gatorade already. Put 40 miles on bike in last 24 hrs n hit legs light today, got 25 mile to go tomm. Heat or ice? I've been massaging them but not really helpin

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Had 2 large Gatorade already. Put 40 miles on bike in last 24 hrs n hit legs light today, got 25 mile to go tomm. Heat or ice? I've been massaging them but not really helpin

You properly stretching after your workouts? Try the pedialyte it worked wonders on me

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
No gman I'm not, that's sumthing I def overlook. Heating pad feels gud so I been doin 20 min on/20 min off. I'm not goin to the store tonite but I'll b puttin a few In the fridge this wkend. Another Gatorade n couple bananas with pb shortly before bed. Thanks, let u know how I do tomm am with the ride

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
1/2 strength powerade.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Guys, this is the ingriedients from gatorade -SALT and sugar. I learned years ago from trainers in motocross, a super demanding #1 in intensity and endurance that gatorade only real aide is replenishing salts lost in sweating and a a lil mono phosphate. They gave me pedialyte and it was astounding the effect after the race. You have to fully recover because the 2nd heat is waaay worse than the 1st. Ever see a race horse after a run frothing, that's salts. You'r replacing the salt but not the eloctrolytes.

I'm not going all Dr Jim on ya so don't take it that way just sharing a excellent way to replace lostminerals and electrolytes

http://www.livestrong.com/article/43161-list-ingredients-gatorade/

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
No gman I'm not, that's sumthing I def overlook. Heating pad feels gud so I been doin 20 min on/20 min off. I'm not goin to the store tonite but I'll b puttin a few In the fridge this wkend. Another Gatorade n couple bananas with pb shortly before bed. Thanks, let u know how I do tomm am with the ride

Yea, def do some light stretching after your run as you get more flexible you can up it. Best to get a guide because if you dont do it right you can hurt yourself DO NOT BOUNCE when you stretch 5.0, just hold the stretch no bouncing. Simple test for flexibility is to stand staright and try to put your palms flat to the ground. lol It's pretty eye opening

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I can put em on the ground for sure! Been working my back, core, and stretching since back surgery. It has done wonders, I just never seem to focus on stretching much else after. Always stretch prior. Ride wasn't too bad this morning. I was at 4 min/mile where I'm usually 3.5min/mile. I'm biking not running, can't do that anymore

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic