Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

leg cramps

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Guys, this is the ingriedients from gatorade -SALT and sugar. I learned years ago from trainers in motocross, a super demanding #1 in intensity and endurance that gatorade only real aide is replenishing salts lost in sweating and a a lil mono phosphate. They gave me pedialyte and it was astounding the effect after the race. You have to fully recover because the 2nd heat is waaay worse than the 1st. Ever see a race horse after a run frothing, that's salts. You'r replacing the salt but not the eloctrolytes.

I'm not going all Dr Jim on ya so don't take it that way just sharing a excellent way to replace lostminerals and electrolytes

http://www.livestrong.com/article/43161-list-ingredients-gatorade/

The ingredients of powerade aren't the same as gatorade. Powerade has calcium, magnesium, and potassium where as gatorade only has potassium.

I use pedialyte to rehydrate every time I would drop weight to make weight. I'd also take immodium b/c I'd get the runs.

Reactions: 5.0
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
The ingredients of powerade aren't the same as gatorade. Powerade has calcium, magnesium, and potassium where as gatorade only has potassium.

I use pedialyte to rehydrate every time I would drop weight to make weight. I'd also take immodium b/c I'd get the runs.

Ohh that was my mistake BI, I brain farted and read it as Gatorade.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I can put em on the ground for sure! Been working my back, core, and stretching since back surgery. It has done wonders, I just never seem to focus on stretching much else after. Always stretch prior. Ride wasn't too bad this morning. I was at 4 min/mile where I'm usually 3.5min/mile. I'm biking not running, can't do that anymore

Yea, I learned the hard way on stretching myself. 4 bulging discs, sciatic nerve..I got a inverter , try to stretch regularly and it's done wonders. Cept now my shoulder is blown

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Same thing with the shoulder, if it's not one thing it's another

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
Simple thing worked for me ..Baby Pedialyte.

I thought it was a joke before I tried it, but this stuff hydrates you. Potassium and Water. I just asked my Doc same question I had a run where I was getting them bad and it was out of control. They took blood said low Potassium so he prescribed me a horse pill of Potassium that was $3 from Pharmacy (got a cool doc, always trying to save me a buck). Also said I need to up water consumption which i didnt think was possible. Cut out diet sodas or anything like that it will only dehydrate you worse.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Just throwing this out there .Walmart carries the little powder packs of pedialyte .

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
I use No-salt (salt substitute) for potassium and also take calcium/magnesium (with zinc so the calcium absorbs and doesn't become plaque in my arteries). I also have found that heavy doses of taurine are paramount when overtraining and/or taking clen to avoid cramps. I've had some REALLY REALLY bad ****ing cramps too.....the kind that make you puke it hurts so bad. I freak out if I feel them coming on so I get very militant with the anti-cramping campaign!!!

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
Just throwing this out there .Walmart carries the little powder packs of pedialyte .

Rotten that is interesting they are probably cheaper too. The actual stuff is like $7 they have a generic brand that is like $5, good call though. It would be good to throw that in the pantry just in cast you feel it coming on. I am going to have to check those out.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I'm prone to them it could be hydration, could be magnesium deficiency could be just hard work and you Hams or quads could be stronger than the other .

Reactions: 5.0
ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I thought it was a joke before I tried it, but this stuff hydrates you. Potassium and Water. I just asked my Doc same question I had a run where I was getting them bad and it was out of control. They took blood said low Potassium so he prescribed me a horse pill of Potassium that was $3 from Pharmacy (got a cool doc, always trying to save me a buck). Also said I need to up water consumption which i didnt think was possible. Cut out diet sodas or anything like that it will only dehydrate you worse.
Crazy isn't it? We spend so much on gear supps yet simple thing like water and minerals ?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic