Nickobat
What's New?

Ketamine -- Cue the crisis

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I don't pretend to know much about ketamine, but I've read a few articles that indicate it's got a lot of promise in addressing at least some forms of depression. When I hear it getting negative press, the tinfoil hat in me wonders whether this drug is an effective competitor for some pharma drugs.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Heard it's life changing for some with severe depression. Doesn't work for everyone though.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Is a very effective drug and direct competitor with pharma drugs.
Its another drug pharma does not want since it will eat away their profits.
Pharam and forest/prison industry has spent hundreds of millions lobbying against cannabis legislation.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
i have knowingly never tried it but have many friends that have.....claims to reset the brain.....plus the girls seem to like it.....it used to be added to all the xtc back in the day by the Mint Man

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Heard what u did, had a few friends ask about.

things change

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I think it will be just like everything else, it works for some and doesn't work for others. The big thing is, don't expect it to work without also seeking help.

They used ketamine in experiments with those suffering from combat PTSD and just like every other drug or psychedelic, it had no impact on its own. However, when combined with therapy, it helped. (Van Der Kolk)

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
There is an FDA version approved for depression or PTSD can't remember which one.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I fully support trials and other avenues for this, plus, MDMA, shrooms, and LSD. There are some messed up people out there and research can go a long ways in understanding how this stuff works with people suffering from stuff.

NDLessPSYcle

NDLessPSYcle

MuscleHead
Apr 1, 2011
I’ve been through the IV treatment and it’s helped immensely. I think I’ve done 9 45 minutes sessions over the summer.
I’ve had depression as far back as I can remember. I can’t describe to someone who doesn’t suffer from treatment resistant depression what life is like. Put it this way, I’ve gotten by in life because I have people who need me and I would never let them down.
Ketamine has made life tolerable. I do use a multifaceted approach of talk therapy and meds still. It’s all a slow process.
I’ve tried TMS therapy in the past and it was actually painful for me and unsuccessfu.
Also the look I get every fucking month when I pick up my meds is frustrating. I happen to be on a max dose available for a pill and I have to take 2. They always ask if the order is right and am I sure this is how much I should be taking. Yes pharmacy tech, these might as well be sugar, give me my meds…dork!

sorry about that tangent I just wanted to say I have first hand experience and if anyone needs to pick my brain, what I have left, the door is open.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Only seen it used when my daughter dislocated her elbow at jiu jitsu… it’s a crazy drug, they administered it at the hospital then quickly started pulling and cranking on her arm almost as if they were in a rush but her eyes were still open. I started to say something and realized she was in a trance like state. They later told me the stuff wears off in a matter of minutes which I saw when she woke up like nothing had ever happened. Very weird experience

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
I only remember it from the old days when it was used like Nubian by bodybuilders.
I never did try either.

I think it’s what veterinarians us to sedate animals while they work on them?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic