Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Just need a tip or two

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I've went through the threads to find some selective workouts but wasn't finding exactly what I was looking for. I have two challenges to see what the veterans can help me with.

Challenge 1. I'm trimming down, but I'm noticing my a$$ is disappearing. Being short; finding jeans with a small backside is a challenge. Especially now that my back is starting to grow two dorsal fins (thanks to some suggestions from here), I'm not liking the look. Any butt only workouts? I currently hit stiff legged dead lifts 1x per week (12 12 10 10 8) and squats later in the week (10 10 10 10 8).

Challenge 2. My brother is freak of nature in athleticism. He's running sub 10 min 2 miles in the army. While on his last tour, he did some strength training that didn't effect his physique, but it looking to get a sick 6 pack. He eats like a rabbit (as in fruits/veggins and some protein). He's Ethiopian as far as BF; so gaining muscle would show immediately. He's trying to maintain his competitive running while only get abdominal lumps. Diet and routine suggestions? Take into consideration cutting cardio has to be limited.

Thanks!!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
you got to up them squats if you want more ass! heavy squats done to parellel with proper form will round out those butt cheeks very nicely! but you have to get to parallel. i find that wide leg squats hit my glutes better than regular stance. squat, squat, squat!

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
What ATW said.....
Squat , squat, then squat some more.
Other things that help for me are lunges, bench stepup, cable kickback etc...
And cardio sprints, walking on an incline or stairs help to preserve the booty...

For your brother, without sacrificing fat or running he needs to eat more. The army is one of the most catabolic places to be. Adding in clean food will be key here, brown rice, yams, oatmeal, some berries, and .8- 1g protein per lb of bw , to help preserve muscle

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
Is your brother deployed? If not, tell him to hit the commissary and pick up a bunch of boneless skinless chicken breasts to add to his rabbit rood. If he's adding resistance training without a supporting diet, he's just moving heavy stuff around. If he wants strength and lean mass he has to feed it.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
So what you guys(gals) are saying is I need to do squats? I widened my stance and only do reps of 10-14 starting today. My butt hurts. Thanks!

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
For me Lunges kill the butt and weighted even more.

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
So what you guys(gals) are saying is I need to do squats? I widened my stance and only do reps of 10-14 starting today. My butt hurts. Thanks!

If you're new to squats I'd suggest to stick with a standard parallel stance until your muscle memory is such that you CAN'T do it wrong. I held myself back quite a bit by going to a wider more comfortable stance and had to overhaul my routine. It will pay off to focus on proper form and get that ass on the ground like a wiener dog itchin his hemerhoids!

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I'm familiar with squats; I just took them out of the routine after college. I'm in no rush for heavy weights on squatting; so form will be good.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic