Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Just had cataract surgery

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Fixed a partially dethatched retina as well on my right eye. Y'all told me it was easy a while back. Wow, it was. No pain other than a slight burning. I can see well enough to type, watch TV, oogle the cute nurses that helped me. I put it off far too long. If you are on the fence just do it. It was expensive. Insurance did not pay for the extra stuff like Toric implant lens for astigmatism and distance vision and the laser stuff rather than a scalpel, but I figure it is worth it long term.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I'd love if they could filter all the floaters out of your eyeball, too. Recovery on that is a bit excessive; though. Seems they should be able to vaporize them via laser by now.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Fixed a partially dethatched retina as well on my right eye. Y'all told me it was easy a while back. Wow, it was. No pain other than a slight burning. I can see well enough to type, watch TV, oogle the cute nurses that helped me. I put it off far too long. If you are on the fence just do it. It was expensive. Insurance did not pay for the extra stuff like Toric implant lens for astigmatism and distance vision and the laser stuff rather than a scalpel, but I figure it is worth it long term.

I had cataract extraction surgery a few years ago.
Opted for better lenses. Worth it for me.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I had a combined glaucoma/cataract surgery on my left eye in December, and will be having the same surgery for my right eye in the next month.

I don't consider myself "Mr. tough guy" when it comes to pain or any of that stuff, but the surgery really wasn't a big deal at all. Got a drug about 30 minutes before to "calm" me, and I was awake during the whole thing. Didn't feel anything. Also done with a laser.

The glaucoma procedure drilled a hole in the back to act like a "drain" for fluid to keep my eye pressure down, and the cataract procedure was a standard lens replacement (w/ astigmatism correction). Didn't help my vision too much, because the glaucoma has pretty much wiped out my field of view already, but what I can see is more clear! LOL As my right eye has less damage, I expect the catacact procedure to really help. Especially with my night vision.

Felt like I had some sand in my eye for about 24 hours, but nothing I couldn't handle. The downside was they didn't want me lifting anything heavy for 30 days. That kinda sucks.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I'd love if they could filter all the floaters out of your eyeball, too. Recovery on that is a bit excessive; though. Seems they should be able to vaporize them via laser by now.

Dude, I have a floater or two and I am always swatting at the air thinking i'm seeing a gnat or fly in front of my, LOL! It's annoying a heck, haha.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Dude, I have a floater or two and I am always swatting at the air thinking i'm seeing a gnat or fly in front of my, LOL! It's annoying a heck, haha.

I'm getting more and more of them as I get older. They are absolutely obnoxious. Turns out they do have laser treatment for them. The conventional vitrectomy procedure is way too much recovery so I will look at getting when I can. I want a mini abdominoplasty first.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
HAHAHA you guys!

Man i don't know I had floaters for the longest. Now I have none. It is almost like old friends are gone. My doc used the latest and greatest laser beam on me. Made really strange noises when she used it. I recovered some of my black patch from the retina. She said I cannot box anymore. I have been boxing and Muay Thai boxing for almost 15 + years. But I had a good run, the young fellas are too fast and have cardio for days. Save my last remaining brain cells.

I looked at my wife when I woke up. I said out loud "damn you look old". She said, "Well, go get a new young wife, but first go look in the mirror you old fart."

I did and I went back to her and apologized saying I was lucky to have such a lovely woman in my life.

That is one downside to fixing eyes. Now I see every scar, wrinkle, blemish... I am an old person.

not as old as that dust farting Friggy though. :p

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Geriatric shit I love it.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Geriatric shit I love it.
HEY! I am not old!

Well kinda, just turned 55 but feel 35. My Doc said my cataract is from trauma to the eye. Same with the retina thing. Not from being old.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
HAHAHA you guys!

Man i don't know I had floaters for the longest. Now I have none. It is almost like old friends are gone. My doc used the latest and greatest laser beam on me. Made really strange noises when she used it. I recovered some of my black patch from the retina. She said I cannot box anymore. I have been boxing and Muay Thai boxing for almost 15 + years. But I had a good run, the young fellas are too fast and have cardio for days. Save my last remaining brain cells.

I looked at my wife when I woke up. I said out loud "damn you look old". She said, "Well, go get a new young wife, but first go look in the mirror you old fart."

I did and I went back to her and apologized saying I was lucky to have such a lovely woman in my life.

That is one downside to fixing eyes. Now I see every scar, wrinkle, blemish... I am an old person.

not as old as that dust farting Friggy though. :p
That's hilarious! I had something similar happen this past February when my wife and I were in Puerto Rico. We're sitting on the beach, and some women walk by, and my wife says, "are you looking at those girls? That one has the best body!" And I'm like, "honey, I can see those two people are women, but that's about it form this distance. You don't have to worry about me oogling girls, I can't see shit!"

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
That's hilarious! I had something similar happen this past February when my wife and I were in Puerto Rico. We're sitting on the beach, and some women walk by, and my wife says, "are you looking at those girls? That one has the best body!" And I'm like, "honey, I can see those two people are women, but that's about it form this distance. You don't have to worry about me oogling girls, I can't see shit!"
Now I can see at distance. My wife does not care. As long as I just look for and do not eye fuck them while touching myself.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic