Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Je suis Charlie

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
I'm not defending Muslims. You're just so deeply, profoundly bigoted against them that you have an us/them mentality in their regard.

Actually, it was a flawless analogy.

The simple fact remains that WHEN religious people feel oppressed, they DO act out violently in the name of their religion. ALL of the time.

If Muslims took over most of the world Christians would ______________? Please fill in that blank for me with what you think actual Christians would actually do.

It is a GIANT JOKE that you think Christian violence is moot because it's in the past. You aren't CURRENTLY committing acts of violence because you don't CURRENTLY need to. Just like you're not CURRENTLY shitting because you don't CURRENTLY need to. It has nothing to do with Christians "devolving". You haven't evolved above anyone else. You just won the culture wars (by using unprecedented levels of violence) and stopped using violence when you got what you wanted.

Christians ended their reign of terror ONLY at the point at which it worked.

Again, in your case you're so horrifically bigoted that it's rendered you unable to think. What have I said that makes you think I'm biased IN FAVOR of Muslims? All I've said is that Christians are the EXACT SAME KIND OF ****. AGAIN: tell me what you think Christians would do if Muslims took over most of the world?

First of all, it's not deniable that the Spanish Inquisition was worse than current Muslim atrocities. You don't get to say that because it's factually incorrect.

Second of all, yes it is absolutely relevant. You don't get to sweep your history under the rug, although being delusional is what makes it possible for you to believe in God. Have you changed your text since then? Is there anything new or different added or removed from your Bible since the Inquisition that would render it impossible for modern Christians to use it to justify violence?

Third of all, the Spanish Inquisition is a minor event in comparison to the worldwide havoc christians wrought. It's one shitty event in one country. It's one drop in a massive bucket.

This will be brief. Mostly because if your argument was toilet paper, you'd have shit finger. You say the past is relevant, but you won't (most likely can't) say how. And I cannot keep re-growing fingerprints after burning them off on my keyboard making you look like a liberal populist.

Saying that your analogy is valid after I destroyed it has effectively made this a "No, it isn't! Yes, it is!" Argument. Volcanoes aren't sentient beings.

Also, "just because you are shitting now, doesn't mean you won't again" analogy is stupid. Digestion is an ongoing process and is no more applicable to holy wars than your volcano yarn.

I didn't sweep the past under the rug. Time did. The Spanish Inquisition isn't claiming heads on youtube and isn't making the world a worse place at the moment. ISIS and their counterparts are.

Im not a bigot. I don't feel the need to defend that statement.

If I feel like you lay down another valid argument, I'll come back and debate. But if it's more grandpa's euphemisms and anecdotes that sound reasonable at first, but fall apart right around the time magma or defecation show up, I'll be over in the section of the iron den that deals with iron.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
"Bigoted"... And there you have it folks. The typical left wing response when they have nothing left... Ever thought your views were bigoted??? Thanks for playing HGH... You lose.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The problem I have with this entire conversation is that both sides are assuming you can judge individuals by their membership in a group. Both Muslims and Christians are diverse not only as individuals but also as sects and communities with differing values.

While there are some terrible extremist Muslim terrorists out there, and they are organized across nations and borders, there are many more (indeed the large majority) of Muslims who do not promote terrorism, large numbers of whom are victims of the extremist's behavior. It is simply wrong to label all Muslims as bad or terrorists or extemists, and it hurts and does not help us achieve our objectives in fighting the extremists.

Similarly there are also some terrible Christians out there and sometimes they are organized and sometimes they do terrible things, but the large majority of Christians do not advocate doing those terrible things. And similarly it is wrong to label all Christians supporters of the terrible Christians, just because they call their religion by the same name.

Woodwise,

I agree that not all Muslims are terrorists. I'm not saying they are. What I am saying is that the Wahabbi sect of Islam is not a tiny minority, but rather is a solid 30% of the Muslim world population. That numbers into the hundreds of millions. These muslims do sympathize and advocate world domination of Islam by force. Not all of these muslims wish to cut off my head, or blow themselves up, but they sympathize and support (emotionally and financially) those that do.

While there are wackos that call themselves Christians, or Buddhists, or atheists, or whatever, they receive no sympathy or support of others in their religion. That is a BIG difference, IMO.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The simple fact remains that WHEN religious people feel oppressed, they DO act out violently in the name of their religion. ALL of the time.

I don't think ISIS in Syria and Iraq are doing what they're doing because they feel oppressed. They're doing this because they believe that they are called to do so by their religion. That's the whole point. The French satire weekly was not attacked because somebody was oppressed, but rather because someone was offended, and believed that he was called to avenge the offense according to his religion.

We need to attack the muslim extremist ideology. Here's a little bit of what it is, as set forth by a leading London Imam this past week in the USA Today newspaper:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...h-anjem-choudary-editorials-debates/21417461/

Here's how the op-ed begins:

"Contrary to popular misconception, Islam does not mean peace but rather means submission to the commands of Allah alone. Therefore, Muslims do not believe in the concept of freedom of expression, as their speech and actions are determined by divine revelation and not based on people's desires."

That does not sound like someone reacting to oppression. This is an ideology that believes that they must dominate the world by force to force YOU to submit to Allah. That can not be squared with western liberal values of freedom of speech or freedom of religion, etc.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Here ya go HGH, the Muslims tried their BEST to kill me and my brothers for 11 years, they would killl and rape you and your family with NO HESITATION.
Please go live among them and learn their culture before you comment.
Was Timothy McVeigh even a Christian or are you just assuming that?
Where in his papers that he wrote does he even proclaim the killing in the name of ANY God?
His was an anti-Government statement I believe.

Run these numbers through your Noggin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiSS-dR5dmk

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
The problem I have with this entire conversation is that both sides are assuming you can judge individuals by their membership in a group. Both Muslims and Christians are diverse not only as individuals but also as sects and communities with differing values.

While there are some terrible extremist Muslim terrorists out there, and they are organized across nations and borders, there are many more (indeed the large majority) of Muslims who do not promote terrorism, large numbers of whom are victims of the extremist's behavior. It is simply wrong to label all Muslims as bad or terrorists or extemists, and it hurts and does not help us achieve our objectives in fighting the extremists.

Similarly there are also some terrible Christians out there and sometimes they are organized and sometimes they do terrible things, but the large majority of Christians do not advocate doing those terrible things. And similarly it is wrong to label all Christians supporters of the terrible Christians, just because they call their religion by the same name.

The same argument all libs give..''The overwhelming majority of muslims are peaceful and loving''.. If this is true where are they, why not stomp out the ''minority'' or at least speak out? Why because they don't exist. I know ''nice muslims'' could live next door and smile every day. In talking in depth with them , they do not condem the vilonet ones, they always justify their acts . My Son actually dated one of their daughters.

The child molestation continues to happen, yes it may be classed as a crime in the western world but over here the sentences for such crimes are a joke.

Also I would be interested to hear your views on why you invaded iraq because you have left the country in a worse state when you entered. We/you entered the country due to "WMD's that were not found because they did not exist and innoncent women/children died as a consequence of our actions..... whichever way you want to try justify it..... it is murder.

Also I just want to clarify I am in no way defending the islamic religion, I am merely stating that it is ignorant to condemn an entire religious population on the actions of a few. I am aware of the grotesque calls for violence in the quran, but I am also aware of the same calls from the old/new testament. admittedly christianity is benign in comparison to Islam at this current moment in time (richard dawkins quote), but to call the spanish inquisition irrelavant to me suggests that the innocent lives that were taken are irrelevant. So would it be justified for people to say the same thing about the victims of 9/11 or the 7/7 bombings here in the UK in a few hundred years time? I don't think it would be.

Yes Joliver we may have evolved and progressed to some degree, yet people still believe in supernatural nonsense and claim the existence of a god. Now I appreciate that some people feel insulted when their religious beliefs are questioned...... but the vast amount of christians believe the bible is history and you would have to ignore the vast amount of impartial biblical research that shows that it isn't. This nonsense is also taken into a great amount of consideration when it comes to forming new legislation ( in england at least) and for some reason 26 seats in parliament are reserved for bishops. Why don't we have 26 seats for people who believe in unicorns..... after all they have never been proven to be more than supernatural nonsense . Now before someone says no one has proven there isn't a god, christians claim the existence of a god so the burden of proof lies with them. Richard Dawkins - The god delusion is a real eye opener

it is an indisputable fact that Islam is the cause of the religious violence in these current times, but there is in my opinion a lot of additional things which are wrong with religion.

"This is where atheism falls short: equating all religions. True they equate them as unnecessary, but it is parity nonetheless. You cannot claim a logical, scientific mind regarding religion if you cannot objectively view the evidence of their action".

if you listen to the views of one of the most outspoken athiests in the world richard dawkins (who's views I share) he states that christianity is benign in comparison to islam, an example he provides is that you are free to leave christianity and in contrast in islamic countries governed by sharia law the punishment for apostasy is death. To me that does not suggest "parity"

So you think the world was a better place with Saddam Hussein in power? WMD's were indeed found in Iraq as well as smuggled to Syria (the very ones Assad is using on his peeps) , research it because nothing I say will change anyones mind.

Albert Einstein Quotes on God:

http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~cheshire/EinsteinQuotes.html

texas boy

texas boy

May 28, 2014
That video says it all. Any more questions?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Here ya go HGH, the Muslims tried their BEST to kill me and my brothers for 11 years, they would killl and rape you and your family with NO HESITATION.
Please go live among them and learn their culture before you comment.
Was Timothy McVeigh even a Christian or are you just assuming that?
Where in his papers that he wrote does he even proclaim the killing in the name of ANY God?
His was an anti-Government statement I believe.

Run these numbers through your Noggin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiSS-dR5dmk

LG, Brigette is FRIGGIN FEARLESS! She grew up under these dickwads and when you see her debating them on tv she's all over them like stank on a monkee! You can tell the dirty night shirt crew wants to strangle her BUT..This here is 'Murica Son, lay hand s on her here and get ko'd!

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
Why not the true Muslims get together and be vocal in denouncing ISIS and Al Queda as the traitors of their faith? Certainly time for Muslims to purge their ranks of the vermin.

It was many centuries ago that Christianity went through similar events like the Inquisition and Reformation for example

jezjzzor085

jezjzzor085

Jan 4, 2014
uploadfromtaptalk1424539682529.jpg

Man, you don't understand anything.
I won't convert to Islam,
But it's sometimes quite useful to beat oneself instead of beating others.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic