Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

It's falling apart 5 weeks out.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I once dieted for 2 years without falling off the wagon. I was in my early 20s and I was 50lbs overweight. I didn't lift back then. I used a modified version of Atkins and lost all the weight... and my muscle too. This June represents the end of five years of bulking and cutting cycles combined with weight training. As many of you know, my plan was to do my first show in august. There have been speedbumps along they way. Be it work or family or personal but I always got back on that horse. So here we are 5 weeks out. My bf% has been stuck at the 6 or 7% mark for 3 or 4 weeks. Added in the clen and t3 and the bf is not cooperating. Reduced carbs and got noticeably flatter and weaker. The frustration and lethargy has me skipping cardio sessions and now cheating on my diet. Work and relationships are struggling as well. I'm starting to believe that I may have fuked up my prep. I'm on the fence now as what to do about this show in August. There are many other shows and I may need to come up with a better plan for a future show.

Sometimes it seems the higher I climb, the further I fall. But I will never stop climbing.

red rocket

red rocket

Feb 17, 2011
Get the diet back, maybe keep the carbs low and up your fats.....

Dont give up bro, bust your ass and ya maybe you will need to wait a few more weeks to hit a show, but you set out for it, now go get it!!!

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
One thing I learned is that prepping for a show is a complete mind f uck. You will see defects in yourself that no one else sees. You will be much harder on yourself than the situation actually requires. You will hear voices in your head telling you that you are small, and weak, and fat, and ugly and whatever....

But guess what bro? If you are at 6-7% then you can easily go onstage for your first show with absolutely no regrets. You will fit right in. That is exactly where most of the competitors will be. And there will be a good percentage of them that completely screw themselves up trying to get lower than that.

Do the damn show. lol

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Don't give in!!!!!! Stick to your plan and follow through.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Agreed with the comments here. Go for it. Don't give up, even if you don't lose more fat or weight, just do the show anyway! And stick to the plan, don't make radical changes without some advice from a knowledgeable expert!

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
How much are you posing ? Extra posing can help you eek out those final details . Worst thing you can do right now is stress about the situation , you are basically there . Some times contest dieting can get all consuming and with everything going on it can seem like your living in the gym , what I used to do is change up my scenery . A lot of folks take advantage of the shape they are in and hit up a club , consider the dancing extra cardio don't drink and get to bed at a resonable hour ,this may not be to your taste but do whatever it takes to get relaxed physically and mentally and with a fresh mindset ready for the final countdown .

grayclaws

grayclaws

Aug 23, 2011
You should invest in a prep coach that knows what they are doing. Give them the job of taking stress away from you.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Don't you fukkin dare back out on the show now! You'll be fine and your plateaus could be more mental than anything. As bigun said, you'll find imperfections that most people would think you're crazy. Stay the course and push through, fukk that, blast through the wall!

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
the first one's always the hardest,you can do it.i'd like to see what you look like,maybe better than you think.try to get your personal life in order,it makes the prep that much easier.goodluck

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Sometimes it seems the higher I climb, the further I fall. But I will never stop climbing.[/QUOTE]

Just remember this and stick with it. Hard work pays off in the end!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
You've got 5 weeks to go and you're 6 or 7% bf? Unless you weigh 100lb's that's pretty good, no? You still have a good amount of time to drop water and really get shredded and striated ~ but even if that doesn't quite happen you could just use the show as a learning experience.

Fu<kin' hell GS, slap a cold wet snapper round your face and get to work!

Last edited:
Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
You have plenty of time left if you are 6-7% at five weeks out. Those cheat meals may help you get back in the groove. Just don't abuse them. If you made it this far you CANNOT give up now.

Maybe you added too much clen/t3 and you need more carbs now than you think. Just a thought.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic