Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Is the HGH/slin stack really the holy grail of bodybuilding?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Ddin't get to weigh myself before I ate a killer cheat meal. Righ now I'm 175.4 but it's premature because I'm full of food.

Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013
Starting today July 31 2013.

My stats are 5'5" 172 lbs
BF% came up 8% but I think it is not accurate. Three spot body caliper. At least we can see if the measurement goes up and at what rate.

3iu gh prewo
6iu log postwo

I acquired some t4 and will add 100mcg/day to the protocol in a week or so after everything feels normal from the other compounds.

I feel I should mention my ability to gain weight. I can and have gained 20 lbs in 2 weeks. I did this about 4 weeks ago. I was @ 159lbs 6%bf because at that point I thought I was going to compete. Needless to say, when I eat anything and everything I want, I gain weight instantly. got up to 180 in 2 weeks and then dieted back to here (172) in about 1 1/2 weeks. I need to discuss this with you guys because I don't want to look fat but I want to grow. Too small for too long.

What do you think is a good offseason bf%???? And how fast should I get there????

One bit of advice I would give is stop yo yo-ing your weight. Stay between 12-14% bf, eat lots of good quality protein (250 a day if you can). Have a large serving of carbs (simple and complex, IE fruit) immediately after training along w/ 60 grams of protein. 2/3ds of you carbs should be around your training window, Complex carbs w/ animal protein 2 hours before training, and then the above shake w/ in 15 minutes of training.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
8iu powo yesterday. 178.5 this morning. I look like a water balloon. I'm up 6lbs in 5 days.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
One bit of advice I would give is stop yo yo-ing your weight. Stay between 12-14% bf, eat lots of good quality protein (250 a day if you can). Have a large serving of carbs (simple and complex, IE fruit) immediately after training along w/ 60 grams of protein. 2/3ds of you carbs should be around your training window, Complex carbs w/ animal protein 2 hours before training, and then the above shake w/ in 15 minutes of training.

Awesome compilation of parroted advice that every newbie grows up learning. GiantSlayer is no spring chicken, so while your advice is appreciated, you may need to come with some better material that's backed by logic and science.

FLBB89

FLBB89

MuscleHead
May 27, 2013
regarding insulin, i much prefer humulin=R injected IM about 30 mins pre workout.

the two "peaks" from humulin-r tend to time right intra workout when i am drinking a mixture of creatine, BCAA's and karbolyn (i honestly prefer this over pure dextrose. I find that I can stay much leaner with higher carb intake from the karbolyn than if it was just dextrose...just my personal experience) and then again when i am eating a full meal, usually chicken and a sweet potato, about an hour post workout.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
I'll add my 2ccs. First, the reason I have used insulin despite being a pretty small guy is that I can't use anything close to high doses of gear. I mean like over 500mg of test a week. I get no acne, not mood problems but I get horrible insomnia. I've given insulin to thousands of patients, but IV and SC. Humalog, regular, NPH, Lantus, you name it. So despite the fact that I'm not the most experienced with gear, BBing etc, I chose to go with insulin during my last bulk so I could put on some good size at... I think I was running about 300 or maybe 450 of sust with nothing else. I put half an inch on my arms in almost no time. But was it the insulin or the gallon of milk a day added to my diet? Who knows. But here are some things I swear by:

1) Don't even think about doing it without a glucometer. I've found that I can't tell much difference in the way I feel between a BGL (Blood Glucose Level) of 120 or 47. Yes I've been that low and all I felt was a little drop in motivation, maybe a little tired, but no shakes, no more sweating than my normal workout would have given me anyway.

When you shop for a glucometer, unless you have a hookup for free test strips (like I do), buy the one with the cheapest test strips. Wal-mart has their own brand of diabetic supplies called ReliOn. They have a pack of test strips that's just over $30 for 100. Most other brands are about $80 - $105 for 100 strips. That can get expensive.

2) 10 units it a BIG dose. I would never go above this. Also, MY body doesn't always react the same to 10 units (again, get a glucometer). One day 2 scoops of gatorade powder in my BCAAs is plenty. A couple days ago I needed 4.5 scoops (on deadlift day). I check my sugar about 40min after injection (I inject pre-workout). Then again at about 1:20.

3) 10 units + deadlifts and leg sled IS NOT THE SAME as 10 units + bench, shoulder, and pulldown day.

4) Keep a SIGNIFICANT source of extra carbs on hand. Not just glucose tabs. Those things are a measly 4g each. I keep gatorade powder in my bag. 1 scoop = 1 quart gatorade. If I need carbs I mix it very concentrated (like syrup) so my body isn't taking the time to absorb 2 liters of fluid to get 2 scoops.

5) As you titrate your dose upward be VERY careful. 2 more units can make all the difference in the world. 4 units is nothing. 6 is VERY different for me. 10units... I just don't do that anymore.

I'll go into my protocol later. I get pretty specific on carb timing and checking my sugar in order to minimize risk as much as possible.

Last edited:
GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
181.0 Today's shoulder pumps were so bad... almost debilitating.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Measured 9% bf today. 1% increase since starting. 1% of 180 is roughly 2 lbs. So 2 lbs fat gain and 7 of.... water... glycogen.. muscle? (we can all dream)

Let's see if this pattern holds.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
179.4 Not sure what happened here. Are my cells full now?

Patriot1405

Patriot1405

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2011
Great log bro, always interested in slin logs!!!

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Was 176.4 last night (no slin yesterday or day before) so I ate a box of donuts. back to 179 today. Rest days yesterday and today. Hams, glutes, calves and back to slin starting tomorrow.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic