Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Insulin use increased (x3)

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I decided to shut it down. I took 10k iu of vitamin d and I no it helps with insulin resistance cuz my Endo has prescribed it to me before and I also took 4 oz of apple cider vinegar and 6g of cinnamon before my workout this morning. After my workout I took 19iu of insulin for 30g of carbs (didnt eat many carbs for the fact I wanted to see how I reacted). Normally for 30g of carbs I could cover that with 3-4iu of insulin. I took my bs about 45 min after I ate and took my insulin and my bs was 246. I decided to quit my cycle all together. I took a pin this morning at .4 of super test450 (been doin .4 eod) and this is my second full week of pins (Monday 7/1/13 would be start of 3rd week on cycle). I'm assuming I should just follow basic pct... (Wait 3 weeks start clomid and nolv) and I also have hcg but since it was basically a 2 week cycle should I incorporate hcg right now before I start pct?

I have an appt with my Endo in a week and a half so hopefully I can mange it better by then

You can use hcg now, just do the low dose shots every 3 days till PCT.

Ask your Endo about using low dose metformin 2x ed , maybe 250mg or 500mg 2x ed as part of your therapy.

IF apple cider vinegar helps than meto would balance things back out imo and you most likely could continue this cycle.
The meto would probably make the cycle better .

things to consider.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Dking---
Have you used MET or GLP-1?
I realize that you have been a type of wine for a substantial amount of time; PM me if you have any questions with the use of either tx in T1DM.

This is my therapeutic area, no bullshit.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Last edited:
TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Shine-on way to crush legs but PM me also---we can start a thread prn!

Good shit is GLP-1.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Shine-on way to crush legs but PM me also---we can start a thread prn!

Good shit is GLP-1.

Much thanks dear, will definitely be talking to you, excellent idea on starting the thread.
Many would benefit from that.

Peace.

Dking13

Dking13

May 30, 2013
Well tonight after I have taken all my supplements (vit d 10k iu, vit e 4k iu, green tea extract 600mg x2/day, cinnamon 6g, apple cider vinegar and chromium) I ate 32 g of carbs and took 12iu of humalog, which is higher than normal but less than I have been the past couple days, I checked my bs 1 hr later and it was 82 so I let it ride for a while and started gettin hypo symptoms so I ate 25g more carbs and its still under 120. Idk which supplements are helping if any at all but this is great news for me... The real test will be in morn when I start the day with carbs and see where my sugar goes from there. HOPEFULLY I can stay on a whole longer and let it ride

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Well tonight after I have taken all my supplements (vit d 10k iu, vit e 4k iu, green tea extract 600mg x2/day, cinnamon 6g, apple cider vinegar and chromium) I ate 32 g of carbs and took 12iu of humalog, which is higher than normal but less than I have been the past couple days, I checked my bs 1 hr later and it was 82 so I let it ride for a while and started gettin hypo symptoms so I ate 25g more carbs and its still under 120. Idk which supplements are helping if any at all but this is great news for me... The real test will be in morn when I start the day with carbs and see where my sugar goes from there. HOPEFULLY I can stay on a whole longer and let it ride

Sounds good brother, keep taking the supplements and definitely check out some info on the GLP-1 , metformin like TenaciousA mentioned.

Dking13

Dking13

May 30, 2013
Sounds good brother, keep taking the supplements and definitely check out some info on the GLP-1 , metformin like TenaciousA mentioned.

For sure man..... She's full knowledge and very helpful

Dking13

Dking13

May 30, 2013
Just an update for anyone interested... I'm completely off my dbol now (it was hard for me to drop it... I'd slip it in every other day or so) (that's what she said)... My bs is more stable but still not where I'd like it to be. I feel like the cinnamon and acv are helping in this matter. Seems like after breakfast my bs is highest no matter how many or how little carbs I eat and/or how much insulin I take. I've gotten a couple lows throughout the night time and one or two thru the daytime which is a good thing as I move forward in trying to manage my diabetes. I switched my diet up completely from a pure bulk to lean mass gain. I was eating 450-500g protein, 400-500g carbs, 100-150g fats. I now am eating 450-550g protein, 100-150g carbs (mostly fruit) and 150-225g fats. I'm still gaining weight but not as rapidly and feel like my cycle is coming along pretty good now as I'm still figuring out and tweaking my diet everyday. I'm about 2.5 wks into my cycle and have gained 13lbs which isn't as much as I'd like but it's better looking quality muscle than my previous bulks. I have an appt with my Endo in 5 days and I'm gonna talk to him about becoming insulin resistant and what he can do to help but ive decided not tell him about my AAS use even tho I'm still throwing around the idea of telling him EVENTUALLY. There's alot of ppl on this board who I feel like go out of there way to help, give suggestions and educate me on my situation and AAS use in general. Good ppl on here and I'm glad to be a part of it. Ill update when I meet with my Endo and with any major changes in my bs/cycle. Ill also keep a close eye on my bs during pct to see what happens in that stage of my cycle.

Last edited:
Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted!

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Yep thanks for update. Sounds like you're doing a good job with what you've got to work with. These diets with diabetes suck. Take care!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic