Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger

Improving My Bench Press

L

lukascummings

Jan 2, 2013
I need to get my bench press up what exercises should I do and what techniques are best for this?

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I was able to get mine up by doing weighted dips and on tricep day close grip bench. I think that help me a lot plus I did dumbbell work also.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
You commented on the thread by admin and asked if you should go narrow or wide......that exact thread will tell you how to increase properly.

Aside from that dips and incline dumbbell work helped my incline very well.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Floor presses, close grip bench, dips, speed bench, dynamic bench, pin presses.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Reverse grip bench presses worked well for me .

mountain monster

mountain monster

Dec 16, 2011
of course whats included above but for me hitting legs harder got me the best gains all around.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
POB doing it Westside style.....How do I increase my bench? That is a loaded question. It depends where your weak point it. Is it off the chest? Is it the middle? Is it lockout? Are you tucking your elbows? Are you using lats to lower the bar? Are you triceps strong? You must determine where you fail and do things to help the weak point:

off the chest=speed work, chain and band work, pin presses, floor presses
mid chest = 2 and 3 board presses
lockout= reverse bands, heavy tricep work ( extensions, close grips...)

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
All the above and have someone videotape your form. Sometimes you think and feel form is good but when you see yourself in action it's easier to critique

iron-whisperer

iron-whisperer

Jan 3, 2013
of course whats included above but for me hitting legs harder got me the best gains all around.

I agree with MM.. the exercises above help, but also dead lift and squats help build over all power. IMO the three major lifts have drastically helped me..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic