Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

IGF DES Pre Wo Protocol

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Thanks for the update.... I was wondering how it was going?

What parts are you pinning?...and for example on a larger muscle group such as quads, do you have to hit multiple spots?

This week I did Delts, Quads and Traps. I wouldn't think you'd have to pin multiple spots on a large muscle. I'm not going to anyway.

18gauge

Feb 3, 2012
the first couple times i tried des i didnt notice much of a pump at all, then i tried some from southern research and most recently GWP's product and both were AMAZING! i start noticing a pump within a minute or 2 in the muscles injected into before i even start hitting the weights. once i start lifting the pumps are out of control.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
pinned and worked triceps today, 100 bi-lat and they blew up more than normal. I'm thinking that the smaller dosage works better on a small muscle like triceps.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
pinned and worked triceps today, 100 bi-lat and they blew up more than normal. I'm thinking that the smaller dosage works better on a small muscle like triceps.

I got some slin pins recently and was going to shoot my test with them just to see what the difference was. (using the smaller pin) Been using 25g in the quads. I was going to back load them and shoot them to see if there was a difference. If the slin pins are a lot less pain, it might make me consider trying something like this.

It is not that I experience a lot of injection site soreness. Sometimes I have none at all. Other times I will have a bruise like soreness for about 2 days afterwards. I am new to all this so still learning.

Hurt

Hurt

Mar 21, 2012
I pin 100 mcg 10 min pre WO and drink size-on or something comparable during. If I don't, I feel completely depleted about halfway into training. I definitely experience better pumps in smaller muscle groups with this dosage - by far pecs and bi's are my favorite to pin with DES. I did calves a few times, but the pumps are almost unbearable!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I got some slin pins recently and was going to shoot my test with them just to see what the difference was. (using the smaller pin) Been using 25g in the quads. I was going to back load them and shoot them to see if there was a difference. If the slin pins are a lot less pain, it might make me consider trying something like this.

It is not that I experience a lot of injection site soreness. Sometimes I have none at all. Other times I will have a bruise like soreness for about 2 days afterwards. I am new to all this so still learning.
Be prepared for it to take a while for the oil to get through that small of a needle.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Be prepared for it to take a while for the oil to get through that small of a needle.

Yea....I know it will take a while. It was mainly to see what they felt like afterward. If I ever ran something that had to be shot ED or EOD, I wanted to see if slin pins were an option.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
OK... upped the dose to 150mcg bi-lateral (75 ea). Worked shoulders and biceps today; pinned shoulders. Pump was really great. I noticed a pretty decent difference. This is a pic after a few sets. I'm just a little guy but the pump made me feel pretty big.

IMG_0805.jpg

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Lookin swole! Very nice. Any strength/endurance differences, or only pump?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Lookin swole! Very nice. Any strength/endurance differences, or only pump?
Thanks MacG.

It was a pretty short workout with just delts and bi's so endurance wasn't a factor. Strength felt about the same but I wasn't attempting any PRs today.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

Slin pins are a decent option for some sites like traps, delts, maybe lats, chest, bi's and tri's. I'm not so sure about pinning quads with them... You wanna hit areas with less fat distribution on them so the oil is injected into the muscle versus sub-q. If you have the nerve, look up some of the threads on here about site injections and there is lots of good info. I've done a bunch and can help as can Deadweight. I use a 27g 5/8 slin pin for site injects like arms.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
OK... upped the dose to 150mcg bi-lateral (75 ea). Worked shoulders and biceps today; pinned shoulders. Pump was really great. I noticed a pretty decent difference. This is a pic after a few sets. I'm just a little guy but the pump made me feel pretty big.

IMG_0805.jpg

Killer lookin pump II... I'm enjoying this informative thread quite a bit and its really got me wanting to try it out...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic