Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

I lost 2 pets in 2 days

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
I am a mess. I lost my guinea pig on Thursday. She was kinda special to me since I took her on from my sister 3 years ago after my sister and niece were abandoned by her husband and they had to move. She was eight years old. Saturday morning my 13 year old mini daschund choked to death before I could get him to the vet. He had thyroid cancer but was doing really well since diagnosis 4 years ago. Died a horrible death IMO. Just picked up their ashes yesterday. I am going through all the stages of grief rotating all at once it seems. Time is the only option here so trying to take it day by day.
Enjoy every minute with them. I did and it still hurts like he'll.
Take care all.
Sorry for your loss. That really sucks to lose 2 pets in succession like that.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
It's really amazing how much of an impact a pet can make, but I also think it shows the heart of the person as well. I can empathize, my daughter suffers from depression and anxiety and her labrador retriever was essentially her "therapy dog", while we knew he wouldn't live much longer his passing was somewhat sudden as well, it really messed her up.

Having his ashes, picture and special place for him does help.... somewhat.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I feel for you, bro... losing a pet is awful.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Thank you all for the sympathetic responses it's been 3 weeks now and every day gets a little better. I still feel like I lost another child as the process goes on. I lost my son in 2007 and the pain never fades. Things will get better. Please enjoy every moment you have with your best friends their lives are selfishly short in comparison to the joy they give us. They think the world of us and that is what makes them so special.
Screenshot_20230506_172210_Chrome.jpg

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Any time I'd get a bit annoyed or felt inconvenienced by my old girl, I'd remember I'm all she had. I was her world. Then I'd feel sorry for her. I'd gladly still be changing her diapers just to have more time with her.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Oh man I almost wish I didn't read this. Im sorry for your loss Massive G. Really sorry you had to watch your buddy die like that. Man......

I have a 13 y.o. pomeranian that I got for my mother for mother's day 2011. Anyways I ended up adopting him. Every year he gets older the more I get concerned about losing him. I do my best to keep him happy and give him the best life i can. As I'm sure we all dl for our pets that are like family. Hes trying to dig in my trash can right now that little bastard but I still love him to pieces.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1683431274280.jpg
    FB_IMG_1683431274280.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 37
Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Feel your pain! My first dog died a few years ago now and I still miss him. He’s sitting on the shelf under my TV so he’s still hanging with us when we watching TV. Was a typical lap dog. Boston terrier. He died rather terribly also. Had seizures all his life. They had warned us that one day they may not stop and that’s basically what happened. We had to put him down. But at least we got to say goodbye first. I couldn’t imagine not having that. So sorry for your loss man! Having another dog defiantly helped. My son had brought home a puppy from his friends dog that had pups a couple years before he passed. Part daschund. He’s totally different personality. He’s growing on me even though he barks at everything. Unlike our other dog that would jump in a strangers car to go for a ride. Lol. I really want another Boston. Great dogs.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic