Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

HRT & Neuropathy?

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I am all done with treatment for a few years now, was diagnosed stage 4 in nov 2019, started chemo in feb 2020, went into remission in july of 2021, and all good since then except for some polyps last year, and the frigging neuropathy

now, I have to get a full pet scan every six months and meet with oncologist, who I am not going to change now, way to much history and he comes highly recomended just not my personality match

over the whole ordeal had 7 surgeries on mid section so shouldn't complain, I am alive and cancer free

my first goal is to go 20 years, lol

my oncologist is kind of over the neuropathy issue with me, met with him six weeks ago and kind of laid it on the table with him,

Hey, did everything you asked, was patient, positive and gracious and thankful and you can't tell me you haven't addressed this neuropathy issue before, you been doing this 30 years........what's up........outcome was basically not that he didn't care, reality he didn't know and not the type of doctor who goes deeper on certain issues, which i am fine with it's like should of told me this 2-3 years ago, you knew i could deal with it

with this help i got to do some more research and find the right guy who i am pretty sure I know, hadn't seen him in 20 years, he is a brilliant physiatrist, lifter, and helped at my worst last time

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I would ask if you are sure you are not having inflammatory foods. Get an MRT. It's expensive, but then you will know without a doubt. Mr. BMJ pushes this IgE/IgG stuff that is just going to give you false positives and negatives. No one listens to BeefNewton. Get an MRT and end the questions once and for all. Piss on these tests like Everlywell. I had seriously chronic issues with systemic inflammation until I got that two-page, MRT report that laid it all out. Once I started avoiding the listed foods, things started getting better. Seriously, every morning I was like a rusted machine that took way too much effort to even raise myself out of bed.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I would ask if you are sure you are not having inflammatory foods. Get an MRT. It's expensive, but then you will know without a doubt. Mr. BMJ pushes this IgE/IgG stuff that is just going to give you false positives and negatives. No one listens to BeefNewton. Get an MRT and end the questions once and for all. Piss on these tests like Everlywell. I had seriously chronic issues with systemic inflammation until I got that two-page, MRT report that laid it all out. Once I started avoiding the listed foods, things started getting better. Seriously, every morning I was like a rusted machine that took way too much effort to even raise myself out of bed.
I don't know if they are all false positives. I did the same one BMJ provided and it changed my life.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I think Beef should have just said the MRT test is worth the extra money. Especially when trying to figure out something that is seriously affecting life quality. Think a food allergy test could be huge for you @Trip. Great idea @beefnewton. And like the idea of you getting a CRP (C-Reactive Protein) test. I think there are two tests you can get if I remember right. You want the sensitive one I believe it’s called. The more expensive one. Then you can see if what you are doing is making a difference by trying things and testing again. And if you need help finding a source that makes a solvent free test let us know. We all know someone. Just ask. But yeah, 550 total test isn’t bad at all at your age. I know you’re just trying to figure this neuropathy thing out. But not so sure that would be my next move. Definitely look at lowering inflammation. Food allergies is a great start imo.

Last edited:
T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I remember the bmj one and guys that did it, and your results.

For me, I have an Rock Pit for a stomach, I can eat anything and gobs and gobs and gobs amounts.

use to be normal for two large pizza's at a sitting on cheat weekends

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I remember the bmj one and guys that did it, and your results.

For me, I have an Rock Pit for a stomach, I can eat anything and gobs and gobs and gobs amounts.

use to be normal for two large pizza's at a sitting on cheat weekends
It’s not what you think. Just because it doesn’t upset your stomach doesn’t mean your body likes it. Body inflammation is basically the stress it is under. The more stress the more it tells you it’s under stress. Like making the neuropathy worse. I edited my last post also. Wanted to make sure you seen the rest of it because you replied before I finished.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
So you think it's possible food gives me inflammation even though I never have had gastro problems.

I will say, I only have 40% of my colon left and since with natural aging we are less efficient in processing food, I am sure I am much worse.

More I think about it, more you might have a point, why would any supplement cause me depression, yet now with any foods, weird.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Plus that 550 was just a snapshot of one day, one morning. Lots of factors can make it go down. The next day it could be at 650. Just eating less fats the day before or if you are on a diet currently, could make it lower. I think sometimes people jump the gun and are just looking for excuses to get on trt sometimes. I would get a couple tests on different days of the week to really confirm where you’re at. If going on TRT is what you really want. If you can afford to do that anyways. I think Merik Health has some pretty cheap tests they can send in to labcor for you. If interested.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
So you think it's possible food gives me inflammation even though I never have had gastro problems.

I will say, I only have 40% of my colon left and since with natural aging we are less efficient in processing food, I am sure I am much worse.

More I think about it, more you might have a point, why would any supplement cause me depression, yet now with any foods, weird.
100%. I should say food sensitivities. Not necessarily allergies. Everyone is eating something that is increasing body inflammation to some degree. Especially eating a western diet!

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
If you can cut out those food sensitivities it should lower your total body inflammation and help your neuropathy. With part of your colon gone you are definitely going to have more foods that will trigger body inflammation. In theory anyways. Couldn’t hurt to try imo.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic