HRT & Neuropathy?

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Anyone know anything about possibilities

I got my test levels checked from 1998 until 2019, when cancer jumped up

I went from 900 to 500 over time frame

I am guessing I had a leg down to like 400 in last few years.....with insurers and cancer had to do dr switheroo so didn't bring it up

My oncologist said HRT was fine a few years ago when I asked

I have car parts on hand only fear at this age 65 is crashing what I got

now of course part of all my research threw the years was knowing one day go all in

I am guessing nows the time, lol.......

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
The biggest thing you will need to worry about is increased inflammation making your neuropathy worse. Use the lowest dose needed to achieve what you want. Use compounds with organic carrier oils that agree with you, no harsh solvents.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
TX,

What do you mean by increased inflammation?

Per what I understand, is the issue is oxygen getting to nerves for proper function.
I was hoping higher T levels would help this.

And this is just based on my neuropathy wasn't that bad until a year ago, which would be my best guess of T level taking a stair step down.

Like at 550 which was my last test level check it was a lil bit in hands and feet, and staid there with meds of gabapetin, and duloxetine, an anti-depressant med.

If I take my meds religiously it kind of stays lil bit in hand and below knee caps, if i miss now it can jump up to thighs and sometimes shoulders.

I was never a high dose AS guy, always low at 200 mg per week, and thus tested at 1200 for a few years.

Obviously the fear at age 65, if I start I am in possible permanent shut down risk mode.

hope that makes sense

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
TX,

Per what I understand, is the issue is oxygen getting to nerves for proper function.

And this is just based on my neuropathy wasn't that bad until a year ago, which would be my best guess of T level taking a stair step down.

Like at 550 which was my last test level check it was a lil bit in hands and feet, and staid there with meds of gabapetin, and duloxetine, an anti-depressant med.

If I take my meds religiously it kind of stays lil bit in hand and below knee caps, if i miss now it can jump up to thighs and sometimes shoulders.

I was never a high dose AS guy, always low at 200 mg per week, and thus tested at 1200 for a few years.

Obviously the fear at age 65, if I start I am in possible permanent shut down risk mode.

hope that makes sense
Low testosterone increases total body inflammation, but so can injectable testosterone from the carrier oil or solvents. Usually this will show up as having a high C-reactive protein.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
TX,

hope that makes sense
Ditto GF, check you CRP, should be below 1. I use 1500 mcg B-12 IM twice a month as well for my lumbar nerve issues, keeps my blood B-12 levels at the top of a little out of UNL. Could always use topical T, but that stuff is expensive, and increases DHT/E2 bc of the pass through skin. GHK-Cu has anti-inflammatory properties, sc 1-2 mg/d. Why would you be concerned with HRT going forward. At 65 T isn't going to get any better.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
My TRT doctor prescribed me BPC-157 to bring down CRP as well. I declined, mainly because I can find it many places 10x cheaper, but I do take it every day and found it to be very effective at keeping down total inflammation.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
My TRT doctor prescribed me BPC-157 to bring down CRP as well. I declined, mainly because I can find it many places 10x cheaper, but I do take it every day and found it to be very effective at keeping down total inflammation.
Stuff is expensive. I just ordered some for my shoulder. Seems to work though.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Trip these guys are giving you good advice in my opinion. I don't know about Glu-Cu but elsewise they are spot on. Inflammation is a big one in neuropathy. get it under control and you are better off. Anacdotal evidence, an old training partner of mine has neuropathy pretty bad from surgeries. Recent testing is that he is loaded with inflammation. Carrier oils and harsh solvents in AAS preparations are pro-inflammatory. GF is on point. Best to find the ones compounded with oils and recipients that agree with you. Vigorous Steve on YouTube has a recent video that goes deep into this and goes over which ones are least and most problematic. I think the video is linked on this site. BTW, congratulations having test level in the 500s at your age and what you've been through. That's probably higher than today's 20 somethings.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Good to see you on here Trip. Wish your neuropathy was better.

My wife has found relief using magnesium glycinate, ALA, and Acetyl-l-carnitine and we just added NAC and glycine

NAC seems to do a good job and is a very strong anti inflammatory, even better with glycine.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Trip these guys are giving you good advice in my opinion. I don't know about Glu-Cu but elsewise they are spot on. Inflammation is a big one in neuropathy. get it under control and you are better off. Anacdotal evidence, an old training partner of mine has neuropathy pretty bad from surgeries. Recent testing is that he is loaded with inflammation. Carrier oils and harsh solvents in AAS preparations are pro-inflammatory. GF is on point. Best to find the ones compounded with oils and recipients that agree with you. Vigorous Steve on YouTube has a recent video that goes deep into this and goes over which ones are least and most problematic. I think the video is linked on this site. BTW, congratulations having test level in the 500s at your age and what you've been through. That's probably higher than today's 20 somethings.

The MFing Mfer

thanks everyone

inflation has eaten me alive, so i's got what i got, when it comes to AS and any testing or trying different stuff

you guys really helped, opened up the inflamation channel to keep my eyes open on

my oncologist is one of those docs who only says 3 words and one goal remission, unless i am in real pain he doesn't say jack

so chemo was average of 3 hr iv drip once per month for 12 months, immunotherapy a 25 min drip once per month for 20 months, so siyx months in neuropathy in hands and feet meds settled it, told it would go away in6-12 months, nope not a bit, at 15 months immunotherapy became intolerable, and doc backed off but continued, thus in essence basically other chemicals in iv drips could have been the culprit along with whatever solvents or carriers in there

other issue, now i mentioned this for years sure some remember, i have had chronic depression since early 40's at age 48 any supplement protein powder after 3 days triggered bad depression, research could find nothing

fwiw, all food and liquids are fine with, zero triggering

i read up a bit on C-reactive protein, and I will have to do more with other stuff mentioned

I am a slow learner, it amazes me on your guys knowledge

thanks again

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
What is the dosing?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019

The MFing Mfer

thanks everyone

inflation has eaten me alive, so i's got what i got, when it comes to AS and any testing or trying different stuff

you guys really helped, opened up the inflamation channel to keep my eyes open on

my oncologist is one of those docs who only says 3 words and one goal remission, unless i am in real pain he doesn't say jack

so chemo was average of 3 hr iv drip once per month for 12 months, immunotherapy a 25 min drip once per month for 20 months, so siyx months in neuropathy in hands and feet meds settled it, told it would go away in6-12 months, nope not a bit, at 15 months immunotherapy became intolerable, and doc backed off but continued, thus in essence basically other chemicals in iv drips could have been the culprit along with whatever solvents or carriers in there

other issue, now i mentioned this for years sure some remember, i have had chronic depression since early 40's at age 48 any supplement protein powder after 3 days triggered bad depression, research could find nothing

fwiw, all food and liquids are fine with, zero triggering

i read up a bit on C-reactive protein, and I will have to do more with other stuff mentioned

I am a slow learner, it amazes me on your guys knowledge

thanks again
The oncology issue puts this in a different light. Talk to your onco about antioxidant and vitamin treatments relative to the effectiveness of the treatment. There is some lit suggesting that antioxidants, B-12, iron, etc. could lessen the effectiveness of certain onco treatments. Others don't support that view. Probably depends on the cancer and treatment. Worth asking before you dive into it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic