Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How to Get Along With People in the Gym

Mike Singletary

Mike Singletary

Sep 8, 2010
1. Don’t leave your wrist straps on and then walk around with them dangling off your arms like you’re some kind of “athlete.” Nobody gives a shit, dude, and you can’t possibly be using them for every exercise.

2. Don’t stand on shit if you don’t need to. I can’t imagine a single reason for a guy to stand on top of a box squat box to do shrugs unless he’s 3′7″ and can’t reach the hooks where the bar is (in which case he should just f-ing deadlift it). Yet I see this every day.

3. If there are ten different spots to do a particular exercise, and only one guy using one area, don’t use the area right next to him. Learn some f-ing spacial awareness.

4. Put your shit away. You’re not strong enough for anyone to have to clean up after you. I’ve been in gyms for the better part of 25+ years. I’m not taking plates off the bar for a sixteen year old kid.

5. Shut the f–k up.

6. There is no reason on God’s green earth for the settings on a glute-ham raise, every day, to be switched to having the footpads at the lowest possible setting and the half moon pad extended to where like 8 holes are showing. Last time I looked, I didn’t see any 8′2″ guys at my gym, and there is no exercise I can envision that requires a GHR to be set this way — so I assume it’s being used by people who have no idea what it is.

7. Stop posturing. There are 20 people in the gym who can whip your ass in a fight.

8. If you’re standing in line for something and it’s crowded and cramped, don’t repeatedly turn around. It irritates the guy standing behind you like you would not believe. This has nothing to do with the gym, but it’s sound advice.

9. While I’m at it, if you’re walking in a crowded pedestrian through-way, don’t stop walking. If you need to do this, pull over to the side.

10. When you take a leak, wash your f-ing hands, especially if there’s someone else in the bathroom who will know you didn’t do so.

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
#5 is the most commonly abused rule (why do people talk so damned much in the gym?), with #3 a close second (I hate when people encroach onto my space while I'm lifting)

#4 really skeeves me out...nothing like people being lazy. Once I had helped a lady unload the leg press machine some toolbag didn't bother to unload.

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
Thats why I goto a gym in the land of milk and honey. Cougars and cleanliness galore. LOL!!!!

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
I got one if your walking around trying to make your shoulder blades touch each other, your traps aren't that fucking big so quit it, you aren't fooling no one.......

And quit making all that fucking noise at the bench we were all looking and you only did 1 rep of 225

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
I listen to my ipod and never make eye contact with anyone, this way they have no reason to talk. Well unless their female.

Sadie

Sadie

TID Lady Member
Oct 2, 2010
I listen to my ipod and never make eye contact with anyone, this way they have no reason to talk. Well unless their female.
this,. add a little mad dogging too because apparently people dont notice the ear buds lol

luvthetest

luvthetest

Jan 27, 2011
all the reasons i train at home.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
#3 also applies to Urinals, leave a spot between us please!!

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
Ill admit, Im pretty obnoxious, I break alot of those... Then again, so do most of the other assholes in my gym...

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010

My method exactly- though I think I work in Sadies "mad dogging" if that means look all crazy from the joy of busting my ass hyped up caffeine and AAKG

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
how about when someone grabs some dumbells or a machine, then sits and talks to someone or texts on their phone. Taking thier sweet ass time

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
Amen bro I listen too music no eye contact and I wear a shirt that says I'm not here too talk Shut the Fuck up and lift

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic