Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How much protein can the human body absorb in one sitting?

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
I was told 30g solid 50g liquid per sitting, but I don't know how true this is.

Vikingquest

Vikingquest

Dec 30, 2013
Just to clarify something here, one sitting isn't really one sitting. It take about 6-8 hours to fully break down most meals. So your body can absorb all of it. Just absorbing things doesn't really mean they are being shoved into muscles making you huge. You shit out some and some of the very excess left overs can cause the body issues. Whether it's bloating, kidney impairment, liver issues, or gastrointestinal distress. If you're trying to slam 100 grams of protein every time you eat, you're gonna have less than optimal results.

juced_porkchop

juced_porkchop

Feb 15, 2012
My question is just that. How much protein can the body digest in one sitting? And how often can you intake more protein?

For example, say I have a protein shake with 34g of protein, can I have another and still absorb all 68g of protein or do I need to wait a certain amount of time and if so, how long? Thanks!

How much protein can the body digest?

there are toomany variables to say. stick to 40-70g per sitting, have 200-300g ed and dont over think it too much

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Just to clarify something here, one sitting isn't really one sitting. It take about 6-8 hours to fully break down most meals. So your body can absorb all of it. Just absorbing things doesn't really mean they are being shoved into muscles making you huge. You shit out some and some of the very excess left overs can cause the body issues. Whether it's bloating, kidney impairment, liver issues, or gastrointestinal distress. If you're trying to slam 100 grams of protein every time you eat, you're gonna have less than optimal results.

Damn, you had me until the last sentence!! Why!!??

As you mentioned, it does take several hours for the body to break down and absorb foods. Your body could be working on completely digesting a piece of lean meat for up to 72 hours. I have gone up to 110g of protein in one sitting (so long as it's mostly food!) and my results have been great. There are just so many myths that involved eating. I have listed and posted about many of them on the board already though and it would take me a long time to post them all again.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
About his last sentence, gonna have an expensive poop, increased gluconeogenesis, etc

Sometimes longer than 72 hours, post absorptive overlap ftw

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic