Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Dragon_Kitty
What's New?

How much protein can the human body absorb in one sitting?

Vikingquest

Vikingquest

Dec 30, 2013
I can find one. My GP is the one whole told me and I have had discussions with others who's doctors have told them the same. I will see what I can dig up.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
My GP told me I shouldnt be using supplements like tribulus that can alter my hormones.

PS. Tribulus has nil effect on testosterone.

Vikingquest

Vikingquest

Dec 30, 2013
Yeah, I did a quick search and the only things it shows is if you have renal impairment already then excess protein will cause issues. Maybe I had renal impairment from gear use? Idk but the issue went away when I stopped consuming 400+ grams of protein.

Reactions: SAD
sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
I think i read somewhere that about 40 grams is about right and any more is a waste, i am 212lbs so i stick to around that figuare.

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
I honestly think it's bs about only a certain amount in a sitting. Being my own guinea pig I've gone with a huge amount of my daily protein for awhile in 2 meals so around 140g+ a sitting for awhile and I've tried it in smaller doses the results are rather the same for me. Only thing I have noticed a difference in is if I don't get the right macro amount of protein before I sleep I lose muscle. No science here just being my own personal guinea pig.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Yeah, I did a quick search and the only things it shows is if you have renal impairment already then excess protein will cause issues. Maybe I had renal impairment from gear use? Idk but the issue went away when I stopped consuming 400+ grams of protein.

400grams/day? That's excessive.

There is no set amount that your body can absorb in one sitting, there are too many variables. Not to mention, a lot of the protein we consume is broken down over the course of a day or two. Not directly after we eat. Thus negating any argument.

Vikingquest

Vikingquest

Dec 30, 2013
400grams/day? That's excessive.

There is no set amount that your body can absorb in one sitting, there are too many variables. Not to mention, a lot of the protein we consume is broken down over the course of a day or two. Not directly after we eat. Thus negating any argument.

That was a little less than 2 grams per pound of lbm.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
That was a little less than 2 grams per pound of lbm.

That is just unnecessary and expensive. While there is no realistic upper limit for protein intake at one time, you are essentially "wasting" the protein when you could be taking in cheaper carbs for a similar effect (gluconeogenesis).

Vikingquest

Vikingquest

Dec 30, 2013
Well that's what I'm saying. I know this now. It was several years ago when I was told to lower my intake for health reasons. That was too much protein. It was bad for me. So the whole point of my first post is to not worry about how much you can take in, rather how much will not have a negative effect on your body.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Well that's what I'm saying. I know this now. It was several years ago when I was told to lower my intake for health reasons. That was too much protein. It was bad for me. So the whole point of my first post is to not worry about how much you can take in, rather how much will not have a negative effect on your body.

I must have misunderstood your previous posts, my apologies

I tend to get constipated if I consume too much protein.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic