Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

How much have you gained whle bulking?

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I went from 135 to 185 naturally. Then I went from 185 to 215 on my first cycle. Probably put on a few pounds of fast but I stayed lean. Throughout the years I've made it to 245lbs being 16% and now 235lbs and around 10%. My first two cycles were the best like everyone elses probably is. Since then it's been getting bigger but exchanging fat for muscle

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
August 2012 I stepped on stage at 202 and compete in men's physique. I decided then and there I wanted to go to BB. I hated the way I came in for physique. Everytime it meant I have to shed some muscle so I wasn't "too big for physique" so I adopted a see food diet, enough super supplements to choke a horse and DC training and competed at a ripped 222 in may if 2013. That's right 20 freaking pounds. And that was contest ready to contest ready. I'm hovering just below 260 right now and Doing things a lot less sloppy than last time. Bf at about 18% right now. Hoping to compete at 235ish may of 14

Holy crap! thanks for posting.

So does it make sense to gain some serious fat if you want to get big? I.e. going from contest ready to 18% seems to me like some serious fat gain. And if that means this time you are keeping it a lot less sloppy, that means you are eating way above maintenance, Right?

Can you give us some idea what your bulking diet looks like? Thanks bro.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Holy crap! thanks for posting.

So does it make sense to gain some serious fat if you want to get big? I.e. going from contest ready to 18% seems to me like some serious fat gain. And if that means this time you are keeping it a lot less sloppy, that means you are eating way above maintenance, Right?

Can you give us some idea what your bulking diet looks like? Thanks bro.

Well when I put on the 20lbs, I ate like shit for the most part. I got up to 245 but was really fat in the middle.

This bulk I'm keeping the diet clean all week then splurging all weekend. That seems to be keeping my BF levels in check while still allowing some indulgence. My macros right now are 35-40g pro/50-80g carb/15-20g fat depending on timing and I eat 6-7 meals a day. Some are shakes.

I say yes, to gain you will gain some fat, how much is an individual thing. The reason I'm not even trying to "lean bulk" is because you have to be so precise to really do it and plus I'll be dieting hard for 20 weeks to get contest ready, I really don't wanna be super strict when I'm gaining. I have a family and a business that need that attention more than my hobby. They have to put up with me for 20 weeks of hell, so I don't mind the pizza and Ice cream stuff with them in the bulking season.

I may be being a little hard on myself with the 18, but I can only see the top 4 abs so that's my visual aide.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Well when I put on the 20lbs, I ate like shit for the most part. I got up to 245 but was really fat in the middle.

This bulk I'm keeping the diet clean all week then splurging all weekend. That seems to be keeping my BF levels in check while still allowing some indulgence. My macros right now are 35-40g pro/50-80g carb/15-20g fat depending on timing and I eat 6-7 meals a day. Some are shakes.

I say yes, to gain you will gain some fat, how much is an individual thing. The reason I'm not even trying to "lean bulk" is because you have to be so precise to really do it and plus I'll be dieting hard for 20 weeks to get contest ready, I really don't wanna be super strict when I'm gaining. I have a family and a business that need that attention more than my hobby. They have to put up with me for 20 weeks of hell, so I don't mind the pizza and Ice cream stuff with them in the bulking season.

I may be being a little hard on myself with the 18, but I can only see the top 4 abs so that's my visual aide.

I have found also, that eating clean helps keep my bodyfat in check. Last bulk, which was very clean, I ended up with a lower %bf at the end of my bulk, compared to the beginning. I am hoping to do the same this bulk.

If you have not measured bf I think you are probably no where near 18% if you can see abs. You are probably more like 10 to 12% if you can actually see abs. I am at 18% (or I was 6 weeks ago) and you can't see any abs unless you really clench them, and then you can only see a faint outline, and that's probably fat anyway! LOL.

I agree about not being super strict while gaining. But since I am already fat, I only indulge a little bit (maybe a spoonful of dessert or a vanilla shake), once a month or so. Otherwise, I am eating completely clean. . .

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
I have found also, that eating clean helps keep my bodyfat in check. Last bulk, which was very clean, I ended up with a lower %bf at the end of my bulk, compared to the beginning. I am hoping to do the same this bulk.

If you have not measured bf I think you are probably no where near 18% if you can see abs. You are probably more like 10 to 12% if you can actually see abs. I am at 18% (or I was 6 weeks ago) and you can't see any abs unless you really clench them, and then you can only see a faint outline, and that's probably fat anyway! LOL.

I agree about not being super strict while gaining. But since I am already fat, I only indulge a little bit (maybe a spoonful of dessert or a vanilla shake), once a month or so. Otherwise, I am eating completely clean. . .

Well the advantage I have is having dieted down for a show. I think everyone gains a little different. The best thing is to do what's best for your body type and your blood type.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I feel like a fat ass. I don't think I went below 15% BF after any cut diet. I'd say 2 years I've gone from 180 to 215 4 times. I was 190 with an rough (extremely rough) estimate of 20-25% body fat when I started. I'm at 205 and I'd say I'm leaner than 20-25% BF days. So, 15 to 20 lbs of muscle in two years natural. Basically, I'm thinner than I was when I was 190, weight 15 lbs more.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
I feel like a fat ass. I don't think I went below 15% BF after any cut diet. I'd say 2 years I've gone from 180 to 215 4 times. I was 190 with an rough (extremely rough) estimate of 20-25% body fat when I started. I'm at 205 and I'd say I'm leaner than 20-25% BF days. So, 15 to 20 lbs of muscle in two years natural. Basically, I'm thinner than I was when I was 190, weight 15 lbs more.

Best thing I ever did was hire a coach. He does my diet training and supplements. Takes a ton of the guess work out of it. I guarantee my guy can turn you inside out (that means shredded) natty. Food is so powerful.

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
Best thing I ever did was hire a coach. He does my diet training and supplements. Takes a ton of the guess work out of it. I guarantee my guy can turn you inside out (that means shredded) natty. Food is so powerful.

Hi Rockshawn! What sort of foods does your coach recommend are best, when one get fairly lean to accumulate muscle when natty btw.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012

Agreed. I never made much progress until I hired my current coach. Now I am making huge changes to everything. And he kicks my butt in the gym, too!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic