Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

How many trap excercises do you do?

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I usually do traps with shoulders even though they are technically back.
How many trap exercises do you do per session? I have usually only blasted them with one exercise but was thinking of adding another.

What do you folks think?

2 best movements is heavy squats and deadlifts.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Are you saying squats for traps?

Yes, I tired shrugs. upright rows all that stuff to no avail but when I became a Powerlifter the traps came.

Very heavy squat free weight is a whole body movement and it's on your shoulders and traps you are stabilizing the heavy ass weight.

Doing heavy 1's, 2's, 3's and even lighter at 5's does it.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Yes, I tired shrugs. upright rows all that stuff to no avail but when I became a Powerlifter the traps came.

Very heavy squat free weight is a whole body movement and it's on your shoulders and traps you are stabilizing the heavy ass weight.

This is probly the stupidest thing i've read on any board.

Upright rows = delts

Shawn Bellon

Shawn Bellon

Jun 29, 2012

Gonna disagree with those statements as a trainer and powerlifter.

Its possible from the deads.

Without out totally knowing your program before and after etc just not sure on your logic here.

But keep pulling. It must be helping. And i would never tell someone not to squat. :)

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011

Upright rows = delts

Call it what you want but my body grew from Powerlifting, squats and deads put traps on me.

I never gave upright rows a serious chance as I didn't like them do to bad shoulder.

Plus upright rows is a synergist of traps not a target.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Gonna disagree with those statements as a trainer and powerlifter.

Its possible from the deads.

Without out totally knowing your program before and after etc just not sure on your logic here.

But keep pulling. It must be helping. And i would never tell someone not to squat. :)

All I know for myself bro is that that is how I grew, from 215 to 270.

Those 2 lifts with make you thick all over.

I suck at communication and wording what I what to say at times and this seems to be one of them.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Maybe this is a simpler way to say it.

I never grew like I did Powerlifting and never had traps until then and all that time I never focued on traps and try to make them grow they just grew.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I think shrugging is a waste of time,

I have to disagree with shrugs being a waste of time. I'd put my traps up against anyone my size, and all I do is shrugs.

Everyone is different and will respond differently to different stimulus. So to say that shrugging is a waste of time is incorrect. They may not work for you but as you see they work for many others. Not sure who said it but most don't do shrugs right to begin with and that is why they get little or no results from them.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Most do it wrong.. You don't have to go super Heavy on shrugs. When you go to heavy. You bring in other muscles. The point is to isolate the traps. Compound movements are great, but Bodybuilding and isolation kind of go together.

If you don't like loading plates... Use a Cable Machine, DB's, or if you have one Leverage Machine (Flat Bench Machine)
Bump this. I dont go extremely heavy, i contract my traps and get a nice burn.
2 best movements is heavy squats and deadlifts.
Bump this one big time.. heaby deads and heavy squats (unless you're using a pad..) will no doubt add mass to traps.

Upright rows = delts
Im not sure how you're doing your upright rows, but my traps do 10x the work that my delts do when i do upright rows.. its all about mind muscle connection.

Shawn Bellon

Shawn Bellon

Jun 29, 2012
Maybe this is a simpler way to say it.

I never grew like I did Powerlifting and never had traps until then and all that time I never focued on traps and try to make them grow they just grew.

I can agree from my own beginnings. :)

atltrainer

atltrainer

Mar 15, 2012
Muscle cleans and power cleans work well too.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic