Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How many trap excercises do you do?

S

simonjpa

Sep 10, 2010
I usually do traps with shoulders even though they are technically back.
How many trap exercises do you do per session? I have usually only blasted them with one exercise but was thinking of adding another.

What do you folks think?

Shawn Bellon

Shawn Bellon

Jun 29, 2012
Depends. I tend to base it on the client need. For Tami she does front delt on chest day, medial on triceps day and rear delts on back and traps.

I think what is missed about traps is tge limited ROM like calves so try to slow down the movement. Employ pauses at the top of shrugs.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I do traps on back day and have found this to be better for me. heavy shrugs usually in the 5-7 rep range with the last one holding as long as i can. Again this is what works for me and given the best results in bringing them up.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Deads but I like heavy banded face pulls. I grab this heavy ass band wrap it to the top of the squat rack and grab the band about 12 inches apart and really work to pull and keep my elbows up and pull back.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
I do traps with delts. I only do ONE exercise for traps, and they are plenty big.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
One ........heavy deads

Bingo. You do heavy pulls and assisting pulls like pulls from the floor to knee, dimel deads, clean pulls, pulls from the hang, etc. All of these hit the traps. No need to do specific movements to hit traps.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
One has done me the greatest for the past 15 years.
When I was being trained by 1989 Southern State winner, Luke Tesvic, back in the early 90's, he showed me a killer workout for delts & traps.
Straight armed side lats using light weights. Occassionally, I'll hit heavy shrugs using the Hammerstrength Bench.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I only do shrugs for traps and they are plenty big enough. But thats just what works for me. Like everything else, you need to find what works best for you. If your traps respond well you may only need one exercise, if not you may need to do more than one.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic