Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

How many other lies?

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I mean, I am no physics guy, that's true. Basic understanding, but no calc based physics... But a poet, that's pretty funny. Where do you get this shit? Because I string together a sentence better than you? Hubris would be exemplified by a refusal to try simply measuring your weight and plotting changes over time with food intakes that you can calculate (weigh, etc.) next time you were to cut.
You write with conviction of exactitude with flowery language and hubris, which is difficult to tolerate.

Although this may seem a paradox, all exact science is dominated by the idea of approximation. When a man tells you that he knows the exact truth about anything, you are safe in infering that he is an inexact man. Every careful measurement in science is always given with the probable error ... every observer admits that he is likely wrong, and knows about how much wrong he is likely to be.

— Bertrand Russell

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I mean, I am no physics guy, that's true. Basic understanding, but no calc based physics... But a poet, that's pretty funny. Where do you get this shit? Because I string together a sentence better than you? Hubris would be exemplified by a refusal to try simply measuring your weight and plotting changes over time with food intakes that you can calculate (weigh, etc.) next time you were to cut.
You write with conviction of exactitude with flowery language and hubris, which is difficult to tolerate.

Although this may seem a paradox, all exact science is dominated by the idea of approximation. When a man tells you that he knows the exact truth about anything, you are safe in infering that he is an inexact man. Every careful measurement in science is always given with the probable error ... every observer admits that he is likely wrong, and knows about how much wrong he is likely to be.

— Bertrand Russell

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
No longer a BB’r — Never really was, I was just a larger thicker version of what I like to maintain now days.
This most recent 6/1 marked my completion of 5 years since going carnivore. Over these 5 years my primary avoided food types were veggies, processed shit, and fiber. There were phases that I incorporated various styles of both IF and extended fasts. And… I cycled some carbs for different experimental reasons for short bits. Carbs were white rice, sweet potatoes and some fruit. Those phases never lasted more than 3 weeks at most before I’d go back to just animal based protein and fat.
Complicated circumstances, but as a result of some lifestyle choices (self abuse) and trauma injuries, I’ve been right about stage 3 CKD for many years. Carnivore has actually made an improvement for my CKD contrary to what much of medical research / studies and Dr advice have indicated my carnivore preference would have.
Anyway… I’m planning on (hoping to be able to) continue carnivory for the long term. I’m 56yrs old, lived hard (in the sense of really indulging partying, recs and peds — banging my body up both inside and out), and I can’t give enough credit and thanks to going carnivore.
All things considered, I’m grateful for how I’m feeling and am comfortable looking the way I am at this stage of life. Smaller version, weaker version than I had been for many years of my life — And I’m content with it.
The carnivore pattern of eating feels like it’s provided / providing me extended years and greater overall health than I’d previously been living with. I used to do all the typical diet style/s to bulk and cut…. And looking back, I personally feel it had taken a toll on me — much more by comparison to my last 5 years way of eating.
IMG_0859.jpeg

BONUS PIC OF MY 4yr CARNIVORE WIFE (38) JUST BECAUSE. SHE HAS SEVERE EPILEPSY, AND CARNIVORE HAS ALLOWED HER TO REDUCE SOME VERY HARSH MEDS.

IMG_0853.jpeg

Druss

Druss

Oct 23, 2022
A calorie is a calorie period. Scientifically defined its how much mass of a substance you need to burn to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree Celcius, which represents how much energy was used to do this. its 5 5 9 for 1gram carbs and protein and 1 gram fat/oil calories.

A calorie in, a calorie out however is very subjective from individual to individual.

Most of us know this but a bit of a refresher We can start first with the 3 body types

ecto can't seem to build muscle or put on weight no matter how much they eat so this body type is inefficient in metabolizing calories and protein compared to the other 2 types.

meso are efficient at building muscle but not at storing calories as fat

endo can't seem to build muscle but are very efficient at storing fat

then you have the subtypes ecto meso, endo meso situationally they all have advantages and disadvantages for example the fat guy gets to reproduce more in a starvation environment but in years of plenty suffers from weight gain and lower reproductivity. This type of genetic diversity is why as a whole the human race is still around we're adaptive mofo's. aand...

This is the reason why everyone's arguing about which diet is best, the best diet is the only one that works for your body type. It makes no sense saying well for me I can eat 5000 cals of meat and lose weight but if I eat 1000 calories of carbs I get fat so anyone who doesn't think that way is wrong, your just you and that works for you, applying a cookie cutter mentally to everyone because something works for you has no credibility, it doesn't prove anything, it just works for you.

The human body is very complex we all know that, whether it's insulin sensitivity/resistance gut flora even sensitivity to AAS each person has different reactions for example my trt is 400mg/w, and is stable at 800 ish another on the same dose might be at 2000. There are so many factors age environment genetics anyone who thinks they know it all is delusional even doctors. Ever hear the joke of whats the difference is between god and a doctor... god doesn't think he's a doctor :D

Read learn experiment and find what's right for you. Many roads lead to Rome after all.

Last edited:
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011

— Bertrand Russell
Or....it is just a form of Heisenburg' s uncertainty principal. The mere attempt to observe will make it impossible to properly know all the variables as your observation will alter the natural state of what you are observing.

Of course he was talking about subatomic particles....but hey you would make the stretch that this applies just as much to the gym. (look over a dudes way and they suck their guts in and try to flex a little, and reach for heavier weights than they can really lift) :D

Who knew the laws of quantum mechanics also had gym applications!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
@testboner you look FANTASTIC. No doubt it has worked for you on a number of levels. Interesting to hear the backstory and can understand how that may factor into you decision. Had to look up CKD but I see now.

Questions. When going to carnivore, besides the overall health improvements for your condition, did you notice an easier time with fat loss.
If so, was that driven more by keto diets ability to keep hunger in check?

I know you got to where you are over a period of time and for various reasons. I also understand how 'easy' keto for fat loss if one is just winging it every day vs tracking cals. Since you are in a constant state of fat burning, (and for most hunger is blunted more than a carb filled diet) I think one can be more 'loose' as to approch.

But my real question is standardized for cal intake (and POSSIBLY even using a thermic multiplier) if the fat loss is not essentially equal to similar carb based diet at similar deficit levels. I only added the thermic part because yes there is a technical difference of the body processing Pro vs Carbs but at best it is around 15%. But that might make a small difference with eating ONLY meat. But my guess is it still falls below the accuracy level of macro tracking anyway.

Make sense. Not being argumentative at all. Just trying to understand and I certainly can see you have walked your path and I always like to learn from others.

Last question and in NO way saying there are any 'magic' bullets. But my midsection is my challenge in skinfold. I have wanted to try GH at anti-aging levels to thin out my abdominal fat. Since your midsection is so lean, (and I am assuming it was not always that way) do you atribute that to carnivore in total, or are there some things that could also contribute to that. Var and GH both known to reduce abdominal sub q fat.

For reference, below is probably close to the leanest I have taken myself. This was a couple years ago. No cardio, No foods off limits. Just cals in cals out. No water drop. Just how I looked daily. But my joints were achy being that lean and I eventually let myself drift up about 7-8 lbs and felt better. I am probably 8-10lbs from there now. But I would really love to shed my sub q in abdominal area for good. Just interested to hear how or if over time things were for you.

IyDi9eQ.jpg

HH53nbX.jpg

Type-IIx

Type-IIx

Mar 24, 2022

— Bertrand Russell
Got it bro, you don't like me. The feeling is completely mutual.

No shit that much of science is approximate when I am talking about counting calories - the perfect example. Nutrition labels are approximations. Measuring weight loss doesn't require some ridiculous precise calculation like you yourself posted; it's just empirical that it causes linear weight loss, easily measured and visualized, when you cut calories as described (food scale, nutrition labels) and maintain a deficit in line with the degree of caloric restriction (the slope of that linear trend you'd see if you weren't a man of great hubris).

Besides style and tone, you're just replete with bullshit "sciency sounding" claims, with gems like - and I have this quote literally saved by you, but there are many examples - "[Winstrol increases C1 inhibitor] which slow partitions tissue fluid away from some compartments causing a 'dry look'.'"

Yeah, nah.

If C1-INH inhibition is associated with anything with respect to Winstrol it's aching joints, not "slow partitioning of tissue fluid, nyah." Hereditary angioedema might be cell and tissue swelling; Winstrol's working to treat it doesn't translate to its "slow partitioning tissue fluid."

Anyway, back to singing for my supper at the poetry recital, or mixing a latte, or whatever.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
@testboner

One other thing I wanted to add. AWESOME for your wife. I knew of the connection of blood levels of ketone bodies working to prevent seizures.

Dr D'Agostino did a TED talk about ketones and treating cancer. (my brother and good friend both battle cancer so I started researching things to help them). You might enjoy the first part of this TED talk. Even the Navy started moving SEALS over to KETO because they had to be on anti-seizure meds to prevent issues using re-breathers.

This is pretty cool and very interesting

IMPORTANT PART!!!
VVVVVVVVVVVV

NOW...something that might even be of MORE interest to you, is actual levels of ketones reach HIGHER concentration with IF vs straight KETO. There is also another little trick. It has been shown that during a fasted state consuming C8 MCT will push ketone levels even HIGHER.

She may not switch to IF, but even so C8 is great stuff.

Again I was researching things and your wife may find C8 supplementation beneficial. But Coconut oil is great, but is only about 6% C8. I buy it in powdered form. I was looking for a coffee creamer that I could use while fasting, and fell down the rabbit hole of C8 and it's other benefits. It is amazing and may directly benefit her. It also makes a perfect coffee creamer as well ;)

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Because you're either too stupid to accurately count calories, or lying; in either case, nobody takes you seriously, Carnivore.
Obviously you take me serious enough to let me get under your skin...lol :)

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
@testboner you look FANTASTIC. No doubt it has worked for you on a number of levels. Interesting to hear the backstory and can understand how that may factor into you decision. Had to look up CKD but I see now.

Questions. When going to carnivore, besides the overall health improvements for your condition, did you notice an easier time with fat loss.

I know you got to where you are over a period of time and for various reasons. I also understand how 'easy' keto for fat loss if one is just winging it every day vs tracking cals. Since you are in a constant state of fat burning, (and for most hunger is blunted more than a carb filled diet) I think one can be more 'loose' as to approch.

But my real question is standardized for cal intake (and POSSIBLY even using a thermic multiplier) if the fat loss is not essentially equal to similar carb based diet at similar deficit levels. I only added the thermic part because yes there is a technical difference of the body processing Pro vs Carbs but at best it is around 15%. But that might make a small difference with eating ONLY meat. But my guess is it still falls below the accuracy level of macro tracking anyway.

Make sense. Not being argumentative at all. Just trying to understand and I certainly can see you have walked your path and I always like to learn from others.

Last question and in NO way saying there are any 'magic' bullets. But my midsection is my challenge in skinfold. I have wanted to try GH at anti-aging levels to thin out my abdominal fat. Since your midsection is so lean, (and I am assuming it was not always that way) do you atribute that to carnivore in total, or are there some things that could also contribute to that. Var and GH both known to reduce abdominal sub q fat.

For reference, below is probably close to the leanest I have taken myself. This was a couple years ago. No cardio, No foods off limits. Just cals in cals out. No water drop. Just how I looked daily. But my joints were achy being that lean and I eventually let myself drift up about 7-8 lbs and felt better. I am probably 8-10lbs from there now. But I would really love to shed my sub q in abdominal area for good. Just interested to hear how or if over time things were for you.

IyDi9eQ.jpg

HH53nbX.jpg
Hey Macgyver, thank you for the compliment as well as your questions and curiosities. I appreciate it all.

“When going to carnivore, besides the overall health improvements for your condition, did you notice an easier time with fat loss. “

I can’t overstate the ease of burning fat once I transitioned onto carnivore. The initial weight loss was water first, then pronounced fat loss.

The way I began back on 6/1/18 was proceeded by a 72hr fast the last 3 days of 5/2018. Each of those 3 days included routine workouts along with 30min cardio. I wanted to make certain I’d burn through all my circulating glucose and glycogen reserves. I wanted a head start on ketone production. I felt that would help me transition quickly to more efficiently feeding on fat for fuel/energy.

My first morning began with a 1/2lb 80/20 ground beef and 6 egg breakfast.
I had only intended to experiment with a strict 2 week beef & egg only diet. I pretended it was literally the only food left in existence. I drank water and coffee for beverages. The first week, I was ravenously hungry. I didn’t count calories, and ate to the point of feeling intuitively satiated.

By the start of week two, I was feeling pretty comfortably settled in and amused. I felt more experienced taking on my second week, and I ate anywhere between 1/2lb to about a lb and a 1/2, 3x a day, along with a dozen eggs each day.

I transitioned more quickly and smoothly I think than many others do. At the end of week two I was energetic, clear headed, euphoric, lighter, leaner and tight / tone and dense / hard feeling. The effect was something like a quick acting super steroid would feel, and with no negatives. I was amused and surprised and convinced I needed to keep going, which I did.

The reason/s for starting was that I had come across both Shawn Baker and Paul Saladino originally. Each had a bit different approach to describing the benefits of carnivore. From Saladino, I gained knowledge of plant based toxins (and other more detailed nutrition info) and that sparked my researching of what foods may hinder, and benefit my CKD issues.

From Shawn Baker, I was intrigued by his claims and demonstrations of both effective resistance (power) training, as well as typically glycogenic driven (energetic cardio output) activity (he did competitive high intensity rowing competitions).

Once I had put in two strictly disciplined weeks and felt and seen the magnitude of changes — I got more motivated and imaginative of what I might be able to accomplish for myself with this way of eating.

Per your referencing of “POSSIBLY even using a thermic multiplier”
Forgive me if I’m misinterpreting you on this, but I can tell you there is a most definite, irrefutably pronounced “high thermic effect” that occurs once fat adapted. Once in such a state, eating in combination, protein and fat — it feels like shoveling coal into a fire.

Accurate or not, I routinely did a plethora of InBody scans my first year of the diet when I really pushed everything hard. I went from mid teens BF down to consistent lower and lower single digits, to an eventual low scan of 3.0%. When I had gotten into the high 5% range my fat loss seemed to have plateaued. I had an intuitive hunch to try adding more fat (and protein), and it was at that point I switched from 80/20 beef (and ribeyes) to 73% beef and sirloin and tri tips, 5-6lbs per day.

That cranked up the “thermic effect” and I quickly dropped down into the 4% range and an eventual bottoming out at my all time basement level of 3.0%.

—- I have to pause on answering the rest of your post for tonight — which I will do sometime tomorrow. But I have an early morning and have to get some things done now before bed.
I also will reply to your other post with the vid tomorrow.
Thanks

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010

IyDi9eQ.jpg

HH53nbX.jpg
Part 2

Continued from previous reply.
So far as lean / low stomach fat, my stomach is actually an area I struggle with the most to keep lean. Always been a challenge for me, something I really have to be diligent about. Significantly eliminating carbs and fiber(which are a type of carbs) made a pronounced difference for me. I also used gh (mostly generic) consistently at anywhere from as much as 5iu daily, down to 2iu. And for ME, gh makes keeping a lean stomach significantly easier.

The pic I shared is less than a handful of months old, and I’ve been off gh for about a year now. Figured I’d finally take a break because I’d been on for at least 4+ years uninterrupted. Im eager to get back on it here in the near future because at my age, it’s a noticeable help in numerous ways.
Aside from that, trt for the past year ranging between 125-200mg per week. A very infrequent use of dbol, mast, or deca.

Without any exaggeration no purposeful bias, more that any other previous method of diet / nutrition methods, carnivore for ME, has worked phenomenal in numerous ways; health related improvements, body composition and appearances.

I’m REALLY hoping the Bill Gates, WEF string pullers, and other misc megalomaniac societal orchestrators and controllers don’t eliminate meat anytime soon.

BTW, the pics you shared from a couple of years or so ago look great! So whatever you were doing / do works very well for you.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic