angelarbatt
What's New?

How many egg yolks a day?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I do 6whites and 2whole eggs. I use liquid egg whites from SAMs Club since it's pasteurized and can be drank from the carton in a pinch.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Providing you don't have a familial lipid disorder, it's not the "EGGS" in that "bacon and egg breakfast" that may "kill you" but THE BACON!!! :)
JIM

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I eat about 5 whole eggs a day when im really trying to shed some fat ill leave 2 yolks in there...

Anyone know how much protien is in one yolk?
I know 6grams in the whole egg.

On average the YOLK contains TWICE as much fat than protein (5 vs 2.5 gms) and all the cholesterol ~ 200mg
The egg WHITE is almost PURE PROTEIN, and a "complete protein" at that, averaging 5 gms.

jim

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
6 to 12 yolks per day.... these are free range organic eggs so the yolk should be the best part......all the good stuff is in there

I gotta agree with you on this one. I eat the whole egg. I'm not to concerned with the amount of fat in the yolk and I can't see wasting food.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Providing you don't have a familial lipid disorder, it's not the "EGGS" in that "bacon and egg breakfast" that may "kill you" but THE BACON!!! :)
JIM
monsoon will be crushed to know this. He is a staunch bacon advocate.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
I gotta agree with you on this one. I eat the whole egg. I'm not to concerned with the amount of fat in the yolk and I can't see wasting food.

Yes there is now way I am throwing that yolk away.....:weightlift:

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
How come no ones mentioned egg whites, instead of throwing away the yolk, can't people just buy egg whites?

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
Plus, eggs make cutting so easy. Started my diet at 12 eggs a day and over 5 months dropped one as I saw fit. Left everything else the same.

Pic on the left is Feb 2 @ 225
On the right is May 3 @ 197
a3e4ape8

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
I can't eat eggs anymore. I can't stand them. I have 13 chickens too lol. I sell most of the eggs. My wife and kids eat em. We always eat whole eggs. It's the whole egg that makes the egg worth eating nutrient load wise.
It's proven egg yolks are fine.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
To each his own taste. Dont hate the yoke. Plenty of studies show the yoke is not causing heart attacks.
I have 6 whites with 3 yokes in the am and 6 whites and 3 yokes in the pm. Every day. Contest prep or not. I feel it is the best protein source I get all day long. Any more yokes then take is hard for me to eat.

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
To each his own taste. Dont hate the yoke. Plenty of studies show the yoke is not causing heart attacks.
I have 6 whites with 3 yokes in the am and 6 whites and 3 yokes in the pm. Every day. Contest prep or not. I feel it is the best protein source I get all day long. Any more yokes then take is hard for me to eat.

Hmm maybe it's the yolk I'm sick of lol I'll try more white with a few yolks.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic