Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How many egg yolks a day?

G

Godsmack

Sep 18, 2010
There are always conflicting studies about the egg yolk and how many one should consume daily. I Love eggs and sometimes feel bad trashing yolks. I am just concerned if to many yolks every day will have a bad effect on the heart due to the high cholesterol.

I currently have a very clean bulk diet and get about 80g of healthy fats from extra virgin olive oil, flax seed oil, and nuts. I have about 1 cheat meal a week if at all.

I also exercise 6 days a week for about a hour and a half each day of lifting and cardio.

I scramble 5 eggs every morning, how many yolks should I toss out of the 5???

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
I ate 5-10 eggs yolks a day for about 6 years .. only lately have I started pulling the yolks out, seeing them as unnecessary fat.
The main consideration is probably , how much fat do you want and need in a single meal?
I think one egg yolk yields about 4g fat = 7cals per gram of fat , so 5eggs yolks x4 g fat x 7cals/g =140cals from fat.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I go 2-1 ratio for egg whites: full eggs.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Just eat the whole damn egg.

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
I eat the whole egg. Just depends on what you want to do on a ratio bias is over the three macronutrients. If you believe you are getting too much fat on a daily basis in relation to the other two, the cut the yolk. If not, then eat it. Also, There are 9 kcal per gram of fat.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Just eat the whole damn egg.

I finally started doing this. I felt kinda wasteful throwing all the yolks away.

After the gym I have been doing 5-8.

I try to cook them to where the yolk is warm, but mostly runny in the middle. Just add sea salt while cooking and they're pretty tasty.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Eat the whole thing. Don't throw them out

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
For those of you who stick to using egg whites only, or a mix of whole eggs and egg whites, do you use an "Eggbeater" type product, or do you trash the yolk from a whole egg? Why/why not?

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I eat about 5 whole eggs a day when im really trying to shed some fat ill leave 2 yolks in there...

Anyone know how much protien is in one yolk?
I know 6grams in the whole egg.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Amen. Mother nature made a nice nutritional package with eggs. Don't improve on perfection.

Maybe.

If forced to choose right now, I would make a 5 egg omelet with 5 whole eggs, but I've never been sure which way to go. If indeed a whole egg is a perfect nutritional pkg, let's remember Mother Nature designed it for a chicken, not a human. You can go out to a farm somewhere and find a bull with more rippling muscle than a handful of IFBB pro's, but their diets are worlds apart.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic