Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

How do you measure progress?

What is your main way to measure progress?

• Mirror

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Tape Measure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Body Fat Calculation

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Scales

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lift Progression

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I'd say mirror and lift progression, but I think it's really a combo of things those two being the most prevalent. I'm old and just trying to be as fit and strong as I can possibly be. Great question II!

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Like bybon said, it's mirror+scale for me. On an anabolic cycle I will pull out the tape measure and bf caliper to make sure I'm doing everything to better my investment.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I lift cuz I love it, following my log keeps me on point. Being muscular and so damn good looking is just a welcome by product. :D

Body_Builder

Body_Builder

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2010
I log bodyweight along with weight lifted on a daily basis but I don't compare it but once every few months maybe. It only takes 1 minute out of my day so why not...

acon83

acon83

TID VIP Lady Member
Jul 6, 2011
I said lift progression because that's what motivates me. When my lifts go up, I get more pumped to do more and more... I also use the mirror as an indicator. If I like what i see, and I'm happy with results in the mirror, i'm happy :)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I am the 1 who said bodyfat... Cause that is where I'm currently looking to make progress. I don't care much for how much weight is on the bar...

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
Along the same lines as POB...

Only care about lift numbers right now. When cutting down bodyfat I think the mirror is the most useful. Everyday in the morning when shaving I take off my shirt and see where I'm at. I was completely unconcerned with bodyfat for about a month but now I think I'm leaning towards trimming a little.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I put other because I use them all with no particular one more than the others..they have different purposes for each in the day to day or overallgoals

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
mirror. the scale will lie to you.
for example, my second cycle i only gained 10 lbs on the scale but my arms and neck were an inch bigger and my waist was smaller.
the tape measure is a close second

Body_Builder

Body_Builder

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2010
Should have made the poll to where you can choose multiple...If you can on this site.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
I go for various measures of athletic progress, how quick I'm getting the routine done, how much volume I'm using at a given point in my training, recovery time.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Should have made the poll to where you can choose multiple...If you can on this site.
Don't think you can. That's why I inserted the word "main" into the question, as I know there are multiple ways we all measure progress.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic