Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

How big are your guns?

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
He felt like shit after that and never talked about it again.

How well do you think you fared here?

"There are two ways of exerting one's strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up."

~Booker T. Washington

IMHO you failed.

brutus79

brutus79

Dec 27, 2013
19" cold... but im 6'3" 260 and my dismorphia thinks my arms suck.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
19 with a good pump during last offseason 5"11 235lbs

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I am going to play devil's advocate here.

We have some guys here that speak their minds openly. Based on many personalities here, I find it hard that many here would not call out the guy that thechosen1 is referring to. He's a fake, a poser, pretending to be a guru, and has to put up with his lying every day.

You can be honest with yourself here silently. I am not going ot judge. I am going to simply ask this question and I want everyone to answer it, to themselves, honestly. If you dealt with a liar every day, someone pretending to be something they are not, and someone that flaunts it around the work place regularly, even towards you, do you honestly believe you all would take him under your wing? Would you not call him out on it?

I am not saying how he handled it was correct. I probably wouldn't have put him down, however, I would have certainly called him out on it. I would have also done it with no one around, because usually, when you confront someone alone, it could be more of a learning and open minded discussion than outting someone in anger and in front of everyone. It's usually taken in a manner that you are trying to straighten him or her out, rather than just be a dick.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Not knowing the names of the exercises doesn't mean he's not working out.

My neighbor trained with me and Mrs Flex for almost a year 5 days/week and didn't know the names of most of the exercises and never remembered what order we did them from week to week.

Recently I tried to help out a guy on my car forum and he was the same way: couldn't articulate what exercises he was doing.

Some guys just aren't as keen. They go to the gym and it's monkey see monkey do. Hence why they make no gains and have 13" arms.

I still think it was an opportunity to help the guy out instead of trample his enthusiasm.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012

We have some guys here that speak their minds openly. Based on many personalities here, I find it hard that many here would not call out the guy that thechosen1 is referring to. He's a fake, a poser, pretending to be a guru, and has to put up with his lying every day.

You can be honest with yourself here answer it
We as people/bros who have been in the game awhile hold eachother to a higher standard or accountability level and can and should call eachother out when things dont sound right or make sense or know flat out the other person is lying. But, someone who obviously has not been in the game and has arms the size of a 13yr old who "might" actually be wanting to change his body, make gains etc... those are people we should always be mindful of and take into consideration what they are trying to accomplish. My 2 cc's.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

You can be honest with yourself here silently. I am not going ot judge. I am going to simply ask this question and I want everyone to answer it, to themselves, honestly. If you dealt with a liar every day, someone pretending to be something they are not, and someone that flaunts it around the work place regularly, even towards you, do you honestly believe you all would take him under your wing? Would you not call him out on it?

I am not saying how he handled it was correct. I probably wouldn't have put him down, however, I would have certainly called him out on it. I would have also done it with no one around, because usually, when you confront someone alone, it could be more of a learning and open minded discussion than outting someone in anger and in front of everyone. It's usually taken in a manner that you are trying to straighten him or her out, rather than just be a dick.

You clearly misread the post. The guy doesn't claim to be a guru, chosen1 does. All the guy claimed was that he works out a lot and is proud of his 13" arms. I wouldn't call him out in the slightest for that. As was already said, not knowing the names of exercises doesn't mean he's a poser or a fake or a liar. You have no idea how many times each week I hear, "dude, my uncle was your size when he was a linebacker at LSU" or "back before I hurt my shoulder I was rep'ing 500lbs on bench". I never call them out, because what would be the point? Maybe his uncle was a 6'3" 300lb linebacker, haha. Maybe the guy hurt his shoulder rep'ing 500lbs and then lost 100 pounds of muscle. However unlikely, it doesn't matter if it's true or not, because in reality they are just trying to make conversation, so I just say "man that's badass. If you want to get into powerlifting, just let me know."

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
You clearly misread the post. The guy doesn't claim to be a guru, chosen1 does. All the guy claimed was that he works out a lot and is proud of his 13" arms. I wouldn't call him out in the slightest for that. As was already said, not knowing the names of exercises doesn't mean he's a poser or a fake or a liar. You have no idea how many times each week I hear, "dude, my uncle was your size when he was a linebacker at LSU" or "back before I hurt my shoulder I was rep'ing 500lbs on bench". I never call them out, because what would be the point? Maybe his uncle was a 6'3" 300lb linebacker, haha. Maybe the guy hurt his shoulder rep'ing 500lbs and then lost 100 pounds of muscle. However unlikely, it doesn't matter if it's true or not, because in reality they are just trying to make conversation, so I just say "man that's badass. If you want to get into powerlifting, just let me know."

True dat. I can't tell you how many times I hear "I Benched X back in college..." or "I was your size when I lifted...". I do the same too, I invite them to come to the gym. lol

he's suddenly claiming to workout alot too. But I tend to catch him in his lies since he have no clue of the names of exercises.

Perhaps I read it wrong, but I caught this and assumed the guy never worked out.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
Let me tell you what seperates douchebags from bros. A bro will lead by example, teach, guide, encourage even when the person looks like a crackhead stick figure, will offer advice, will do anything to help that individual progress in accomplishing their goals, a bro can talk with anyone from the pro to the amateur. A douchebag will do exactly what you did.

Trust me, while I managed to drop the smile off of his face, it totally didn't crush him. There are aspiring trainers and then there's assholes who claim to be trainers. Such as those who uses prohormones or creatine, get a fairly good shape, but have never spent a minute in the gym. That's that guy.

While I agree with you entirely, RAIDEN, I live by the motto of helping those who help themselves. In other words, don't ask for advice that you don't plan to use or at least repect. Don't piss on my foot and tell me it's raining. Our 1st meeting started out with me giving him advise, to be honest. Then it was learned that this guy's only hope in life is to become rich by working hard, rather than invest or do on your own. Trust me, bro, I'm far from being a douchbag. I like to help anyone who is interested in strength fitness. Several other coworkers have already reached out for my help and/or advise and I was there for them. One former coworker wants to kill me for advising the stairmaster as a better cardio exercise and she told me that she was in major pain later....lol.

In my years of LE (1988-99), I met crackheads. And one thing about them is that they always make extreme claims just for the attention and admiration. First this guy tells me that he's been working out for 15 years but then comes to me asking about dbol (which he pronounced wrong).
He once told me that he used to use gear. When I asked what he used, he didn't remember. Really?
1983 Mr. Olympia, Samir Banout works in the sport shop in a gym in the Valley. This guy claims that he was training there when Mr. Banout talked to him about "hooking him up with gear" after knowing him for only 2 weeks.
He's claimed to workout 3 hours everyday yet, he have NO gym membership nor gym equipment.
In reality, he brags of his Vette and house. Truth? He's 48, lives with his mom, and drives a 1998 Vette. He once told another coworker that he can out bowl him (the other guy is a professional bowler) then changed his story when he got a $100 challenge.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
You clearly misread the post. The guy doesn't claim to be a guru, chosen1 does."

Pretty much, SAD. Although I'll admit that I'm always open to learn more. I've been training since 1985 but even when I joined Team Mendy, I actually started learning new training methods.
Anyone who claims to train but don't know the name of the muscles or the name of exercises is understandable. But when one claim to train for 15 years, as I explained in the above post, then that person is either lying or an idiot to have never learned the names of both. And I don't entertain ignorance.

When someone claims to be stronger than me, as he has in the past, now it's time to prove it. Believe me, if someone appears to be better or stronger than I am, I won't even argue. I'll give him/her that clout and move on. But when a guy who's like 6' nothing, weighing 180 or less, and don't know dbol from Vitamin D tell me that he's stronger, it's time to put the metal where your mouth is.

Quite a few time, I've taken him down without a sweat. We work in the maintenance division of public transit (buses). So of course, there are huge and heavy parts, tools, and equipment lying around. One evening, after several mechanics have told me that he's told them that he's got the power and I don't (all while flexing his baby sized arms), I saw a crate lying around filled with lead parts of our hydrolic lifts. The crate was about 2 feet long, a foot wide, and 2 feet deep. IMO, it couldn't have weighed more than 85-100 pounds. I asked him to see how many reps of bent rows he can do. Of course, he asked what a bent row was. So I did a couple for him to get the idea. Everyone witnessed it and egged him on. Although he looked nervous, he attempted. His 1st two reps were okay but his bony arms began shaking by the 3rd rep. He managed to get out only 5. I politely bent, gripped the crake handles, and threw out 10. all while talking so as to show everyone that it wasn't a strain for me. He didn't stick around to see because everyone started teasing him about his "power". One of the mechanics later told me that alot of them teased him all week about that. Despite that bro, he was still talking smack, except when the mechanics reminded him of his failure that day.

Last edited:
1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
One thing even more insecure and more annoying than a scrawny little ex-crack head is an ex-cop fitness guru who thinks it's his duty to put him in his place. I can tell you the truth. I would find it a hell of a lot easier to talk iron with the ex-crack head.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic