Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Hormone profile

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
Can some explain to me what safe ranges would be for female hormone profile on labs?
Starting with just base healthy levels not on cycle.
My doctor is supportive and willing to run blood work for me but he is not being convinced to run the hormone profile I ask for. I want to talk to him with a better understanding of why I need to know those number. He asks me why I need to know.... I don't have a good answer other than, I want to know.
I want to know my estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and free testosterone.
I'd like to know these levels and where they're sitting before, during, and post cycles.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Can some explain to me what safe ranges would be for female hormone profile on labs?
Starting with just base healthy levels not on cycle.
My doctor is supportive and willing to run blood work for me but he is not being convinced to run the hormone profile I ask for. I want to talk to him with a better understanding of why I need to know those number. He asks me why I need to know.... I don't have a good answer other than, I want to know.
I want to know my estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and free testosterone.
I'd like to know these levels and where they're sitting before, during, and post cycles.
The lab report will show the range it considers normal or at least if it is high, low, normal.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Not sure why you are asking, as a simple google search can return that for you.
Also as Thrawn stated, when you get your labs done, it has the preferred range for YOU, then it shows you where you are at in comparison.

If you really want your labs done, go do them yourself. You don't need your doc's approval. Not sure where you are at (i assume canada?). Privatemdlabs.com, you can order a test online, pay for it and you take it to a lab to get blood drawn. Simple as that!

Good luck.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
A lot of PCMs or your GP doctors will not pull hormone labs unless you are showing symptoms that they need to be pulled. If you want a full hormone panel a lot of times you have to use a company like Bova mentioned, PrivateMDLabs, Ulta, Quest Diagnostics, etc... A full panel can be around $200 on sale or up to $400 not on sale.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
Not sure why you are asking, as a simple google search can return that for you.
Also as Thrawn stated, when you get your labs done, it has the preferred range for YOU, then it shows you where you are at in comparison.

If you really want your labs done, go do them yourself. You don't need your doc's approval. Not sure where you are at (i assume canada?). Privatemdlabs.com, you can order a test online, pay for it and you take it to a lab to get blood drawn. Simple as that!

Good luck.
Thanks! Ya I ask obvious questions at times lol or just don't choose the write words. I actually got my doctor to write a requisition today so I'm all good. Excited to get labs done.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
A lot of PCMs or your GP doctors will not pull hormone labs unless you are showing symptoms that they need to be pulled. If you want a full hormone panel a lot of times you have to use a company like Bova mentioned, PrivateMDLabs, Ulta, Quest Diagnostics, etc... A full panel can be around $200 on sale or up to $400 not on sale.
I don't know if I have options with privatemdlabs as a Canadian. Also I'm not just a Canadian, I live in BC. The most liberal province you could live in.
I did get my doctor to give me a requisition for est, pro, test and thyroid. I should have asked for a few more things but they didn't come to mind in the moment. But just those 4 things will cost 200. That's not bad I guess but there's so many awesome package deal labs with these private companies. Canada has a few but not in BC lol cause me have zero freedom in western Canada...... zero! All we do is pay taxes and get shit on. Who knows though I may be ranting for no reason. Hopefully I can find a better option. For now I'll be able to check a few important hormones anyway.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I don't know if I have options with privatemdlabs as a Canadian. Also I'm not just a Canadian, I live in BC. The most liberal province you could live in.
I did get my doctor to give me a requisition for est, pro, test and thyroid. I should have asked for a few more things but they didn't come to mind in the moment. But just those 4 things will cost 200. That's not bad I guess but there's so many awesome package deal labs with these private companies. Canada has a few but not in BC lol cause me have zero freedom in western Canada...... zero! All we do is pay taxes and get shit on. Who knows though I may be ranting for no reason. Hopefully I can find a better option. For now I'll be able to check a few important hormones anyway.
What would happen if you told your doctor you were using?

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
What would happen if you told your doctor you were using?
My doctor is well aware of my AAS use. I'm extremely honest with him. He records all my dosages and cycles.
In Canada it's illegal to sell steroids but using them is a personal choice. That being said before I had a family doctor I would go to walk in clinics and ask for blood work do to AAS use. Only twice but the second time. The walk in doctor got so upset with me she blocked the door way with her body and made me look her in the eye and swear I'd stop using before I was allowed to leave.
A bit extreme and if I hadn't been so embarrassed at the time I would have laughed in her face and walked around her. But I was so new to using then and I felt super nervous asking for blood work.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
My doctor is well aware of my AAS use. I'm extremely honest with him. He records all my dosages and cycles.
In Canada it's illegal to sell steroids but using them is a personal choice. That being said before I had a family doctor I would go to walk in clinics and ask for blood work do to AAS use. Only twice but the second time. The walk in doctor got so upset with me she blocked the door way with her body and made me look her in the eye and swear I'd stop using before I was allowed to leave.
A bit extreme and if I hadn't been so embarrassed at the time I would have laughed in her face and walked around her. But I was so new to using then and I felt super nervous asking for blood work.
1st doc has issues.
2nd doc should want and be willing IMO to run you blood work every 3 to 6 months if he knows you are using.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
1st doc has issues.
2nd doc should want and be willing IMO to run you blood work every 3 to 6 months if he knows you are using.
You would think. My family doctor will only run blood once a year knowing I cycle. If I want more frequent tests I have to pay for it. Unless I'm showing concerning signs that I'm not OK then he'd check. We don't have free health care we just pay a tone for very mediocre health care lol

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
You would think. My family doctor will only run blood once a year knowing I cycle. If I want more frequent tests I have to pay for it. Unless I'm showing concerning signs that I'm not OK then he'd check. We don't have free health care we just pay a tone for very mediocre health care lol
As my good friend Dr. Gregory House says "patients always lie" what is inhibiting you from manufacturing or stating S&S that require blood work. With out researching the best statement to use, the 2 off the top of head would be talk like a man (tone and depth) or say you clit is growing and looks like a micro penis. 1st one he can't verify 2nd he can if you allow, just say your not comfortable showing you girly boy parts to him.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic