Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Homemade Weightgainer/Postworkout Shakes

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
Alright thanks for the ideas! Would just regular ole sugar be the best options to add to whey protein for fast digestion postworkout too? Thought about a 1/2 cup oats, 2 scoops whey, then adding basic sugar for faster absorbtion?

I use oats post workout, but only because I use gatorade intra workout. If I were you, I would use gatorarde or just plain sugar as you mentioned. A 2:1 carb to protein ratio would be a good place to start.

Then when you're hungry, eat a big meal with lots of protein and carbs.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Nothing wrong with getting your simple sugars from a small handful of gummy bears or other candy post workout. This hsas worked for me and most of my buddies for a long time now. 10 sour patch kids 20 minutes preworkout followed by 20 gummi bears about 20 minutes post workout. I only do this when I am bulking or on maintenance. When I'm cutting I'll use natural fruit juice post workout instead. Probably the same amount of sugar as the gummies, but psychologically it makes me think I'm doing better.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
^^^ problem is... To only eat 20 of them!

That's very true! Those little fuckers are addictive and you feel like you could eat hundreds after a nice workout, haha.

S

Seahawkmuscle

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks again for all the feedback. I'll def be trying a lot of you guys' ideas! I'm about to head off to college so Im just trying to plan a lot of simple/cost effective ways to make my shakes so I can quite blowing money on crappy gainers! Appreciate the help a lot!

S

Seahawkmuscle

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks everybody! I'm about to go off to college so I'm trying to make the most cost effective/physically effective shake i can home made instead of wasting money of crappy gainers!

S

Seahawkmuscle

Jun 27, 2012
Sorry trying to do the forum on my iPhone

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Maltodetrin in 50 lb bags 56.99 extra virgin olive oil big jug local grocery,swiss miss hot chocolate mix for flavoring,spoon full of beta alanine..protein powder unflavored or raw eggs. Add the olive oil after its shaken otherwise the foamy oil will give you gas. Sprinkle oats on top

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
One of my favorite post wo shakes is

8oz apple juice
1 bananna (frozen ahead of time. Makes a big difference it being frozen)
1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries

Add water to 24oz mark on blender and blend (if you blend with the whey in it, the shake ends up real foamy)

After blended, add and pulse several times until mixed. DO NOT OVERBLEND or it becomes full of air.

3 tbs dextrose
1 scoop ON strawberry vanilla whey
1 scoop NOW Unflavored whey isolate (if you want you can just add 2 scoops of the strawberry banana, but I like using unflavored whey as not to overpower it)

It is really the best thing ever

You can add a 1/2c or cup of pre-ground oats (I always keep preground oats on hand) if you want even more carbs.

If you are not interested in it for PWO but rather a meal replacement, just cut out the dextrose and add in oats. For added fat, either mct or coconut oil (which are both flavorless)

B

bigcat

Sep 26, 2013
1-2 cups ground (quick) oats
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 cups whole milk
honey
1-2 scoops protein powder

other ingredients:
whipping cream
yogurt
cottage cheese
dextrose powder

cheap and calorie packed

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I use liquid egg whites, coffee, protein, coaches oats and shredded unsweetened coconut. Magic bullet with ice and its like drinking a slice of cake on my way to work

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
8-12 raw eggs, 1 cup of oats and 1 bannana,peanut butter if you choose and if you want you can toss in a scoop of vanilla whey post. This shake is tough on your gut, so I wouldn't take it pre.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic