Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Homemade Weightgainer/Postworkout Shakes

S

Seahawkmuscle

Jun 27, 2012
Any opinions/advice on making a homemade weight gainer etc? Wanting a more natural/economical source of shake. Thinking of just 1/2 cup to 1 cup oats and a couple scoops of a good whey protein for a weight gainer. Then whey and a simple sugar for postworkout on lifting days. Good idea to add oats to the postworkout along with simple carbs?

A

altonstone

May 3, 2012
whatever you do, don't add peanut butter. you don't need the fats just yet and it ruins shakes. i like bananas in mine

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
whatever you do, don't add peanut butter. you don't need the fats just yet and it ruins shakes. i like bananas in mine

Peanut butter is mos def a good thing to add whether its in your shake or by the spoonful. I also use the All Natural PB. Some people say they cant taste a difference but personally I find the natural taste worse then regular. but hey that's the price ya pay to eating a lil healthier.

S

Seahawkmuscle

Jun 27, 2012
That works out well bc I'm allergic to peanuts haha. I have just wondered if adding a slow digesting carb to my post workout along with sugar would be a good idea to work as a weight gainer as well. Or if it just needed to be fast digesting carbs?

S

Seahawkmuscle

Jun 27, 2012
Every recipe I ever see of homemade shakes etc includes peanut butter and I can never use it so I always have to add extra protein/essential fats other ways ha

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
oats and whey are the basis of any home made shake. They can even be put in a shaker and used on the go. Add an apple after if you want more carbs, but a a cup of ground up oats and and apple has a good 80 grams and good carbs!

If I had a blender I would add yogurt, frozen fruits, milk (if you digest it) and peanut butter which sucks you can't add... Add flax oil if you wanna add more good fats or udo's choice oil.

S

Seahawkmuscle

Jun 27, 2012
oats and whey are the basis of any home made shake. They can even be put in a shaker and used on the go. Add an apple after if you want more carbs, but a a cup of ground up oats and and apple has a good 80 grams and good carbs!

If I had a blender I would add yogurt, frozen fruits, milk (if you digest it) and peanut butter which sucks you can't add... Add flax oil if you wanna add more good fats or udo's choice oil.

Alright thanks for the ideas! Would just regular ole sugar be the best options to add to whey protein for fast digestion postworkout too? Thought about a 1/2 cup oats, 2 scoops whey, then adding basic sugar for faster absorbtion?

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Yup,
Ritch hit it already
Ground oats
Flax oil or olive (go slow with olive oil or you we be on the toilet)
Milk 1%
Yougurt (easily adjust calories by add yougurt)
whey protein
Banana's

S

Seahawkmuscle

Jun 27, 2012
Alright I'll def start trying my own! Im starting hate buying the expensive weight gainers either full of junk or just plain expensive

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Ya forget the weight gainers... Instead mix ur protien with chocolate milk, same thing an taste better n cost less....
I like peanut butter in my shakes but wouldn't use it post work out and deff wouldn't mix it with simple sugars.... Your idea with the oats and simple sugar I thinks fine but I'd prefer to get in the simple sugars post work out an some kind of rice potatoes etc a hour after my work out....
All the above anyway works well for me....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic