Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Hitting body parts twice a week.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Anyone have stuff they hit multiple times a week (other than cardio)? I usually hit legs and back twice heavy/light with the light days often thrown together along with multiple days of core and calf work (hey what can I say) gotta bang those calf raises, haha.

N

NewbieGuy

May 11, 2014
I hit my shoulder,bi's and tri's twice a week. I always do it to lagging bodypart.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I work everything 2x a week. Directly. ..

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
biceps are, according to the powers that be, the quickest of are muscles to recoup..a mere 24 hrs till they are ready to be pummeled again, lumbars are the longest, sometimes 100 hours, and rear delts tend to be the most stubborn. That being said.hit your biceps and rear delts more frequently than lumbars. I have learned to space upper body training accordingly, you don't want to train your arms 6xs per week,directly and/or in-directly.

Last edited:
ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
I usually do a body part only 1 time per week.....but if you do a classic push / pull split you can hit them twice.

I do deadlift twice per week ...once on back day and once on leg day.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Legs and calves and only because they are lacking in size compared to the rest of my body.

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
There are a few books that come to mind when dealing w body parts 2x's per week and one is called serious growth: big beyond belief, heard its a good one for that sort pf thing? Might be wrong, but some could check it out? The serious growth series has a few such as titan as well...

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
Calves and forearms on the daily 4x a week. A little off topic. I read if you have a stubborn body part that you can't seem to stimulate. Hit it 6x in one week to shock it. Anyone ever try this? I certainly never have. Read this in the 2009 bodybuilding encyclopedia by the way before you window lickers flame me.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I hit my wife twice a week and my girlfriend a minimum of 3X

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
I hit my wife twice a week and my girlfriend a minimum of 3X
LOL!

I prefer more frequency and will often hit bodyparts multiple times a week. I'll do a lot of direct/indirect training. Something like this:

Back and Hams (where I hit quads with a finisher of lunges or feet forward smith squats)
Chest and Tris
Shoulders and Traps (indirect back hit)
Quads (indirect hamstring hit, I will sometimes throw in some additional leg curls)
Arms (I'll do at least two compound chest and underhand back exercises at the beginning)

The only exception is calves and abs. These I hit daily with 3-4 sets each rotating exercises.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Several muscle groups get hit multiple times a week through the lifts I perform but I'm no bber.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I think as I've gotten older (>40), hitting a bodypart just 1x/week is better for the recovery. A bigger factor for me now is diet over training frequency.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic