Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

High school wrestling

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
way to go Lineman..... you're going to miss it so much when they age out....
Thanks and don’t remind me, lol. Wife and I are both gonna be lost for awhile when it’s all over. Even when the season isn’t going on our vacations were based around traveling for jiu jitsu, now it’s wrestling.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
way to go Lineman..... you're going to miss it so much when they age out....
Truer words were never spoken.

Pro Tip: Empty Nest Syndrome IS a thing ... but there IS a cure.

Little Humans will grow up and grow out>>> eventually, but there is an endless supply of homeless dogs to rescue ... esp. special needs dogs. Way nicer, cheaper, obedient, and loving than Bipeds :)

Might seem a bit off-topic, but you'll thank me the day you realize you think about your dog(s) every day while you can't remember your Humans' first names unless they mention them on birthday and xmas phone calls.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Truer words were never spoken.

Pro Tip: Empty Nest Syndrome IS a thing ... but there IS a cure.

Little Humans will grow up and grow out>>> eventually, but there is an endless supply of homeless dogs to rescue ... esp. special needs dogs. Way nicer, cheaper, obedient, and loving than Bipeds :)

Might seem a bit off-topic, but you'll thank me the day you realize you think about your dog(s) every day while you can't remember your Humans' first names unless they mention them on birthday and xmas phone calls.
Thanks for the tips, my youngest turns 11 next week so I still have some good years ahead but I also know time FLIES!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
How did your daughter do at Wonder Woman?

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
How did your daughter do at Wonder Woman?
She wasn’t happy but she did really good. Had 53 girls in her bracket and got 4th. Went 4-0 the first day with 3 pins and a major decision. Lost her semifinal match the next day to the same animal (nationally ranked defending state champ) that beat her in the semis of the KC Stampede. Won her next by major decision then got caught early in the 3rd place match by the 2022 Oklahoma state runner up. She wasn’t happy because she just beat the Oklahoma girl at the Stampede… this time my daughter got a takedown, then when on the ground right as she went to chop the girls arm and drive forward the girl spun out, ended up on top and got the pin… great thing is she lasted longer and built a little confidence with the state champ who I’m sure she’ll see in the state finals if all goes well.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
She wasn’t happy but she did really good. Had 53 girls in her bracket and got 4th. Went 4-0 the first day with 3 pins and a major decision. Lost her semifinal match the next day to the same animal (nationally ranked defending state champ) that beat her in the semis of the KC Stampede. Won her next by major decision then got caught early in the 3rd place match by the 2022 Oklahoma state runner up. She wasn’t happy because she just beat the Oklahoma girl at the Stampede… this time my daughter got a takedown, then when on the ground right as she went to chop the girls arm and drive forward the girl spun out, ended up on top and got the pin… great thing is she lasted longer and built a little confidence with the state champ who I’m sure she’ll see in the state finals if all goes well.
That is awesome brother. Sometimes you get a victory even in a loss. Last year my son had to wrestle the state champs in Class 2, 3 and 4 throughout the season. One was a straight beast. Every single kid he wrestled he would run him up 13-14 points then pin him and I mean every match. My son stuffed two of his take down attempts and took him into the 3rd before he got stuck. It was the happiest I seen my son all season.

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
That's beautiful St C... she's gonna be hungry and train like a beast.... nothing like a challenge to stoke your desire....

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
That's so cool, it gets me pumped up just reading your posts!!! LOL

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
That is awesome brother. Sometimes you get a victory even in a loss. Last year my son had to wrestle the state champs in Class 2, 3 and 4 throughout the season. One was a straight beast. Every single kid he wrestled he would run him up 13-14 points then pin him and I mean every match. My son stuffed two of his take down attempts and took him into the 3rd before he got stuck. It was the happiest I seen my son all season.
That’s awesome and yep just making it into deep waters is a win against some people. That’s how this girl is, she’s on that next level. My daughter has had only 2 maybe 3 points score against her all season and absolutely dominated almost every match. This girl makes my daughter look how she makes all the others look….. but we’re gonna get there!

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
That's beautiful St C... she's gonna be hungry and train like a beast.... nothing like a challenge to stoke your desire....
Absolutely!! After her last loss to her she asked the coaches if she could start training with the boys at practice because none of the girls can prepare her for this girl and they were all for it. I already can wait to see how see improves from it.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
That's so cool, it gets me pumped up just reading your posts!!! LOL
I hear ya brother, I’m a wreck watching the matches, lol

Ps I tried to pm you but it said I couldn’t…. I was just wondering if I could get bumped up to vet status?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Absolutely!! After her last loss to her she asked the coaches if she could start training with the boys at practice because none of the girls can prepare her for this girl and they were all for it. I already can wait to see how see improves from it.
You see this often in high school girls. There might be 1-2 girls on the team that absolutely wreck the rest of the girls in and around their weight classes and the only way they can practice with any similar competition is to wrestle the boys. It is a much better alternative than having them practice with girls that are well outside their weight class to even competition. This leads to injuries. Plus, weight classes wrestle differently. They wrestle at different speeds and completely different styles that doesn't help the heavier or lighter wrestler prepare.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic