TableEffit
What's New?

Hertz Car Sales

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Anyone ever bought a car from Hertz or Enterprise? Yes, I realize these are cars people rent, but some of the higher end cards I have been renting are very nice, well maintained and not beat up. Prices on these low mile cars are so much better than the dealer. Compared a Cadillac XTS and a Chrysler 300S to the dealer and they are a good $5 - $7K cheaper with lower miles.

T

TODAY

VIP Member
Apr 16, 2012
I'm not categorically opposed to buying from a rental agency, but if you're gonna take the risk, why buy a goddamn Chrysler?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
The family station wagon (today they're mini-vans) are more likely to be beat by your teenage boy than a rental car is by adult drivers paying for and responsible for their signed agreement. Rental agencies are also under contract for scheduled maintenance intervals, meaning they get done. Check the car's CARFAX report for collisions and recalls. We bought a 'fleet Caddy' with 19k and it came with 50k of oil changes at any Caddy dealer nation wide.

I drove our Cadillac 2400 miles with one overnight stop. No shifting in my seat to get comfortable, all kinds a safety features, amazing comfort and plenty of power. Get the Caddy.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I'm not categorically opposed to buying from a rental agency, but if you're gonna take the risk, why buy a goddamn Chrysler?
Was just using it as a price reference, but the new 300S was a really nice ride.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Years ago I was shipping out and wanted to leave my first wife with dependable transportation
I bought a 97 caddy sts from thrifty car rental it had 19k miles
Loved it and saved alot of cash
I say go for it as stated above some cars aren’t rented by irresponsible assholes
Cadillac is one of those brands
Now I DID say rent...... lol

Reactions: CFM
FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I beat up every rental, I assume others do the same....Find a buddy with a wholesale lic. u will get the best deals at the auction.....You will have to pay with cash, but u could always get a loan afterwards to get the cash back or hopefully the buddy will offer financing.....The rental cars Hertz cant sell go to the auction.....

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Only rental I have beat up was the Challenger Plumb Perfect Hemi I had a few weeks ago, thing was a BEAST!

I don't think people are renting a Caddy to beat the shit out of, at least I don't when I have one.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Caddy, Benz, BMW.....I beat them all up

And I would never buy a used caddy as I would be afraid a few bodies might have been in the trunk :rolleyes:

Only rental I have beat up was the Challenger Plumb Perfect Hemi I had a few weeks ago, thing was a BEAST!

I don't think people are renting a Caddy to beat the shit out of, at least I don't when I have one.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I’ve never bought a car from them. And knowing how I beat the hell out of the rentals I have, guessing other do as well.

I’ve been leasing a car the last several years. Negotiations and a smaller payment than buying and you get to keep the extra cash in your pocket. Check it out

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic