Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Help with CKD cutting diet

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
Hello bros, I been reading a lot about this and I really want to try it out but im going to need some assistance in finding my macros and building the diet im currently 5ft 10in about 212 20%. I know my LBM is around 177-185ish these are numbers im pulling from my last cut I had a trainer for and was really lean but still had my striations and size and about 9%bf at the time. im sure these numbers are still accurate because I fell off for a bit and wasnt to serious in the gym becasue of a shoulder impingment so I know my LBM isnt to far from there. Im not completly clueless I guess im just being fat and lazy but if you have meals with macros post them up I would love to see them and any other advice is always well appreciated.

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
Damn bros, nothin lol that's a first.

flex001

flex001

May 15, 2013
CKD is awesome. I recommend it to my clients that really want to get ripped. Carb up on the weekends and Keto during the week. It's basically the legendary guru Dan Duchaine's Underground Bodyopus diet. As far as posting meals, bro that's very basic. You should know how many calories you have to consume for your weight goal. Macros for CKD would obviously be Fat and Protein Mon - Fri and whatever you want Sat and Sun (a good bit of carbs).

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
Ya I was just curious of what the meals would look like I'm Greek and every meal has a carb for me really it's a whole new way to think lol. I reach for my carbs first that's why I have never been cut.

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
So would the best way to do this be to wait till the second weekend to carb load? And give me some examples of fat sources for this.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
You need about 2 weeks to actually get in to a keto state. In other words, if you aren't eating at 25g of carbs or less for at least 2 weeks, you're technically not keto.

I did keto a few times, and I had issues with losing fat, and I will tell you why. Every single diet that is successful has ONE common denominator; a caloric deficit. If you are eating too much, on any diet, you won't lose fat.

That said, once I found the key to successful dieting, I have managed to diet down using many different tactics and diets. I personally don't like keto, because I am not trying to get in to contest shape (4-6%), but instead, am usually down to about 9-10%, which doesn't take something as extreme as keto to pull off with ease.

As far as your macro and caloric needs, this is going to largely depend on where you are now. What are your stats? Do you track your cals and macros already? If not, you need to start.

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
Well I know my Lbm is around 185 I'm 212 now my bf is pretty high ATM I'm 5 ft 9. I have a good idea of where I'm starting I'm having more of a problem building a diet for keto because I loooove carbs lol.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Well I know my Lbm is around 185 I'm 212 now my bf is pretty high ATM I'm 5 ft 9. I have a good idea of where I'm starting I'm having more of a problem building a diet for keto because I loooove carbs lol.

When I start cutting for summer, I clean out the house. I stock ONLY snacks for my girls, and my wife hides whatever she wants from me. I go in with a clear head, and absolute dedication. I have cheats scheduled, and even if we have to go out to a restaurant, it's basically a steak and broccoli while everyone else orders all kinds of good shit. I am so dedicated, it doesn't even phase me. After my first successful diet 2 years ago, it helped me realize what it takes, and I now know what it's like to succeed. This is how you need to look at it. Be that half % of the population that has what it takes! It's a great feeling.

flex001

flex001

May 15, 2013
So would the best way to do this be to wait till the second weekend to carb load? And give me some examples of fat sources for this.

Waiting till the second week is fine but not necessarily required. I can get into Ketosis in the first week. You simply have to totally deplete the glycogen stored up in your muscles. I cut out carbs early evening on Sunday and work out hardcore Mon - Wed. Typically by Wed night I'm in Ketosis which is verifiable via Keto Sticks. Keto Sticks are in valuable and will help you gauge if/when you're in Ketosis. I also use a blood glucose meter sometimes but that's just when I feel like being anal.

Last edited:
S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
Thank for the push guys I really appreciate it.

flex001

flex001

May 15, 2013
No problem. Fat sources though are pretty obvious. Bacon, Sausage, Pepperoni, Butter. Almonds & Walnuts also but nuts tend to have some carbs in them so watch intake. Flax Seed, Olive Oil. MCT Oil when you're feeling run down. It burns very efficiently versus other fats but it's high is Saturated Fat so again watch intake. The list goes on and on bro but if you need an example of fats, you honestly should get a book and start at the beginning.

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
I know all those I guess I was looking for somthing creative lol. I guess ill just look up some recipes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic