Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

help to build muscles

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Low fat,low sugar and low salt is as low as you can get without eating any that's what I eat. I try changing up my workouts to build muscle confusion. I eat around 1200 calories on a non workout day and 1600 to 1800 on a workout day.

once again, if you really want help from us, you have to give us more to work with.

so i will start by asking some very specific questions-

ready?
1. how much do you weigh?
2. how tall are you?
3. of you 1200 and/or 1800 calories, how many of those are protien? fats? carbs?
4. what are your typical carb sources?
5. what is your exact current ab routine? how often?
6. what is your typical chest workout?
7. what is your typical bicep workout?
8. what is your typical tricep workout?
9. what is your typical leg workout?
10. what is your typical back workout?

so let me clarify, when i say typical, i mean this- like today i did bis and tris. i did dumbbell hammer curls with 20# db for 4 sets of 12-15. i did tricep pushdowns 40# for 4 sets of 12. etc etc dont just say you do a workout, we cant help you if thats all you tell us. give us something to work with, PLEASE!

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
Well Im sorry but if you cant give anymore info than that I dont think anyone is really gonna be able to help you......

That being said if that is your workout I dont think that is enough for what you are wanting to accomplish

I was hoping that you were gonna post up something a lil more detailed like

Meal1 8 oz eggwhites, 1 whole wheat bagel with light cream cheese = 35 g of protein/ 39 g carbs/ 450 calories

Meal2 Whey protien shake= 35 g protein/ 26 g carbs

Meal3 8 oz of skinless chicken breast and 1 cup of steamed vegatables 45 g protein/ 60 g carbs/ 500 calories

meal4 so on and so fourth

same goes with the workout

day 1 biceps 3 sets of 12 concentrated dumbell curls at 15 lbs
biceps 3 sets of 12 preacher curls at 30 lbs

shoulders 3 sets of 12 front lateral raises
3 sets of 12 side lateral raises
3 sets of 12 military press

We are gonna need something that looks a little more like the other logs on the site to really determine where the problem is...............Because it is somewhere in the diet or training we just dont see where because you havent shown us yet

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
can you even imagine what SADs response to this thread would be? hehehehe

BlueDevil

BlueDevil

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
I eat a low fat,low sugar. low salt diet. I also eat whole grains,fruits, veggies and lean meats. I usually don't eat red meat. I do chicken and fish. for my bicepts, tricepts I use 15 pound weights. I do 6 reps of 12 each. I also bench press 33 lbs. I do 3 reps of 12 each. I also use the leg lift on my bench and I have 55 lbs of weight on there. I do 3 reps of 12 each. I also do squats of 3 reps of 12 each. So does that give you an idea? Thanks for your support.

Okay, lets get to the basics. Start with the questions All The Way asked and also do what Stunna said about diet. Also, a rep is one completed motion of an exercise. For example on the bench bringing the weigh down to your chest and then raising it back to the starting position is one rep. A set is comprised of reps. So I think you mean to say you do 3 sets of 12 reps...

But for us to help you we need a detailed answer to the questions you've been asked. If you don't know the answers then that is the first place to start. Count your calories and macros and break them down for us. Give us a detailed workout routine you use. How long have you been using it? Are you developing a mind-muscle connection? or are you just going through the motions?

Look to be honest it sounds like you really need to start at square one and learn about the various exercises and also about diet/nutrition. You don't seem to even know the names of some of the lifts you are doing. And don't take offense to that, none of us were born with the knowledge either. So look around on here and us google to help get some basic knowledge and while you're at it log what you are doing so far and share it with us.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
few of the rules you should remember when designing training program...
1. train 3- 4 x week. I prefer every other day but 4 x week, say mon,tue,thur, fri can work. remember you're breaking down muscle when you're training, so you need some time to heal and grow stronger from previous sessions.
2. structure workout wisely. beginer will do great training whole body 3 x week for general build up(foundation, see # 3). after 3 months, you can progress into split routine, where you do more exercises and sets on individual bodypart for more balanced look. ex: mon: legs/abs, tue:chest/tris, thur: back/bis, fri: shoulders/calves
3. build foundation first: foundation means legs/hip, back/torso. legs being the biggest muscle means they need to be able to handle more weights than arms. if you're curling more than you're squatting, your priorities aren't set straight. for an optimal proportional development, consider maintaining the following strength ratio, all for between 1-5 reps. bench press 70-90, squat 120, deadlift 150. it's roughly 3/4/5 ratio.
4. small muscles get worked indirectly while training large muscles. tris get worked shile pressing, bis get worked while pulling, so no need to do a lot of sets for arms.
5. maintain proper posture. following the # 3 will pretty much guarantee proper posture. always do equal to or greater work for back than chest, as too much chest work without sufficient back will cause slouching of shoulders and caving in of chest.
6. don't overtrain: dont spend more than 1hr and 30 min with weights, keeping it around 1 hr is better. when you overtrain, you'll lose your hard earned muscle. take your scheduled break.
7. use compound movements first, isolation movements last: compound movements are multi-joint exercises that allows for greater poundage to be used, those should be your priority. use isolation movements at the end of workout as heavy poundage are not necessary on these movements. do 1-2 compound movements with 1-2 isolation movements for large muscle like quads, hamstrings, back, and chest. 1 of each for smaller muscles like shoulders and arms.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
thanks for taking the time to help and give good info myo and bd!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Bumping this up.Did you get your answer?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic