Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

help me understand this dosing thought process

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
So we were taught to dose orals everyday to keep our bodies in an anabolic state. So imagine my surprise when I see people pushing to dose anadrol and dbol only on days they are working out. Their logic is why should I use something if I'm not going to work out and benefit from it. My analogy is if I live in an oxygen depleted environment I want air all the time not just when I absolutely need it.
Strictly on the surface okay I see where they're coming from.
But once you scratch at it and realize you're not taking anything while your body's trying to recover seems counter intuitive. There's quite a bit more but I'll just stick with that for now. So can anyone justify the only dose orals before working out method?

956Vette

956Vette

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2010
I can get behind the support of dosing anavar intermittently, according to one's training schedule. Unsure how much weight the dbol/drol commitment factors into the equation, great question.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Because I couldn't imagine going to work everyday on even half an effective dose. Everybody responds differently though.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I believe their thought process is, the short half life makes splitting the dose problematic for muscle protein synthesis in that you would have to split the dose 4-5 times to cover a 24 hour period in a lot of orals. Instead, they prefer to just get the little boost in performance in the gym, so they take it as a pre-workout.

Interestingly, I have taken just about every oral anabolic and not once did a feel an immediate boost in performance. Tren base was about the only thing I felt an immediate change and it was more a clarity/superhuman/confidence type feeling that did not equate to additional strength or endurance in my workout.

K

KyleB

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2012
This is one of the times I just say 'whatever works for you man' and walk away if it was one of my friends.

Let's be real here, a lot of people are addicts who turn to PEDs and will do whatever it takes to justify however they wanna use it. Sounds like they are using it as a preworkout thing more than anything. If you train hard, your body is almost always repairing, you should constantly have food in you. Stuff like this just seems a little weird to me. I forget to take orals as I should as is.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I know some folks swear by that method, but I don’t. When on orals, I do it daily for the primary purpose of enhanced recovery.

For example, a heavy complex chest day takes me a few days to feel recovered without soreness. Orals aid the recovery process. I’m with @genetic freak in that orals don’t give me any pre-workout additional strength either.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic